Chance & Design: Reminiscences of Science in Peace and War Paperback – 3 Mar 1994
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
Enter your mobile number below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
Getting the download link through email is temporarily not available. Please check back later.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
'Hodgkin comes across in this enjoyable book as a genial and humane scientist passionately devoted to his research for its own sake both before and after being awarded his Nobel prize.' M. F. Perutz, Nature
'A masterly exposition of his life's work.' Sir Bernard Katz, New Scientist
In this autobiography, the scientist Alan Hodgkin, charts the balance of chance and design in his own life. A chance observation on a frog nerve led him to a Trinity Fellowship in Cambridge and a year at the Rockerfeller Institute in New York, to the Nobel Prize in 1963, and ultimately to Presidency of the Royal Society.
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Biography > Film, Television & Music > Music
- Books > Biography > Science, Mathematics & Technology > Engineering
- Books > History > Other Historical Subjects > History of Engineering & Technology
- Books > History > Other Historical Subjects > History of Science
- Books > Science & Nature > Biological Sciences > Animal Sciences > Physiology
- Books > Science & Nature > Biological Sciences > Animal Sciences > Reference
- Books > Science & Nature > Engineering & Technology > Reference
- Books > Science & Nature > History & Philosophy > Reference
- Books > Science & Nature > Mathematics > Reference
- Books > Scientific, Technical & Medical > Biology > Animal Sciences