- Paperback: 1012 pages
- Publisher: Chambers; 4th Revised edition edition (11 Aug. 2016)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1473608414
- ISBN-13: 978-1473608412
- Product Dimensions: 14 x 4.4 x 21.6 cm
- Average Customer Review: 4.2 out of 5 stars See all reviews (40 customer reviews)
- Amazon Bestsellers Rank: 12,459 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
The Chambers Crossword Dictionary, 4th Edition (Crosswords) Paperback – 11 Aug 2016
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
The Chambers Crossword Dictionary is the crossword dictionary the setters use.
Welcome to the ultimate resource for all crossword lovers. The Chambers Crossword Dictionary is an essential resource for crosswords of all kinds. Comprehensive, reliable, easy-to-use and containing more than 500,000 solutions, it is the indispensable companion for all cruciverbalists.
From the Back Cover
The ultimate resource for all crossword lovers
The Chambers Crossword Dictionary is the essential resource for crosswords of all kinds. Comprehensive, reliable, easy-to-use and containing more than 500,000 solutions, it is the indispensable companion for all cruciverbalists.
Packed between its covers are more than 2,500 crossword code words alerting you to cryptic ploys. Also included are over 19,500 'one-stop' entries, with both synonyms and encyclopaedic material, for extra guidance in finding the right answer.
This edition contains a wealth of recent synonyms together with new topic lists to help you solve general-knowledge clues.
Advice and content from crossword experts
· Derek Arthur (1945-2010), co-editor of The Listener crossword in The Times and of The Chambers Crossword Dictionary, 2nd edition
· Ross Beresford, former co-editor of The Listener crossword
· Jonathan Crowther, better known to cryptic crossword solvers as Azed, having set crosswords for The Observer for over 40 years
· Don Manley, crossword setter for many quality newspapers under various pseudonyms (Duck, Quixote, Bradman, Giovanni) and Church Times crossword editor
· Tim Moorey, crossword setter for The Sunday Times,The Times, The Week and MoneyWeek, tutor for crossword-solving workshops, and author of How to Crack Cryptic Crosswords
· Peter Biddlecombe, The Sunday Times crossword editor and The Times Crossword Championship winner (2000, 2007)
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
Top Customer Reviews
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Very good but not as good as my Collins although it is smaller to handle. I was hoping it was like my Newnes which I cannot get now.Published 4 days ago by TALLCYN
really pleased with dictionary although the print is rather small my last on was a hardback and print much larger other than that I was pleasedPublished 1 month ago by mrs june kearney
Still a very useful volume but definitely too small. Can anybody recommend an alternative?Published 1 month ago by ian fraser
Had a previous edition, so update was required and it fits the bill, smaller but more in it, even if typeface is slightly smaller.Published 1 month ago by Robert Wallace
A new publication because theold one was so well used and falling to bitsPublished 2 months ago by David Else