- Save 10% on selected children’s books, compliments of Amazon Family Promotion exclusive for Prime members .
The Chambers Crossword Dictionary, 4th Edition (Crosswords) Paperback – 11 Aug 2016
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
Special offers and product promotions
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
If you are a seller for this product, would you like to suggest updates through seller support?
The Chambers Crossword Dictionary is the crossword dictionary the setters use.
Welcome to the ultimate resource for all crossword lovers. The Chambers Crossword Dictionary is an essential resource for crosswords of all kinds. Comprehensive, reliable, easy-to-use and containing more than 500,000 solutions, it is the indispensable companion for all cruciverbalists.
From the Back Cover
The ultimate resource for all crossword lovers
The Chambers Crossword Dictionary is the essential resource for crosswords of all kinds. Comprehensive, reliable, easy-to-use and containing more than 500,000 solutions, it is the indispensable companion for all cruciverbalists.
Packed between its covers are more than 2,500 crossword code words alerting you to cryptic ploys. Also included are over 19,500 'one-stop' entries, with both synonyms and encyclopaedic material, for extra guidance in finding the right answer.
This edition contains a wealth of recent synonyms together with new topic lists to help you solve general-knowledge clues.
Advice and content from crossword experts
· Derek Arthur (1945-2010), co-editor of The Listener crossword in The Times and of The Chambers Crossword Dictionary, 2nd edition
· Ross Beresford, former co-editor of The Listener crossword
· Jonathan Crowther, better known to cryptic crossword solvers as Azed, having set crosswords for The Observer for over 40 years
· Don Manley, crossword setter for many quality newspapers under various pseudonyms (Duck, Quixote, Bradman, Giovanni) and Church Times crossword editor
· Tim Moorey, crossword setter for The Sunday Times,The Times, The Week and MoneyWeek, tutor for crossword-solving workshops, and author of How to Crack Cryptic Crosswords
· Peter Biddlecombe, The Sunday Times crossword editor and The Times Crossword Championship winner (2000, 2007)