Chamberlin, Powell and Bon (20th Century Architects) Paperback – 8 Nov 2011
|New from||Used from|
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Enter your mobile number below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
Getting the download link through email is temporarily not available. Please check back later.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
About the Author
Elain Harwood is Senior Investigator with English Heritage and trustee of C20 Society. She holds a PhD on the building of London's South Bank. Elain worked for 11 years listing post-war buildings for English Heritage, and is now part of itsresearchteam of architectural historians.
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
Top Customer Reviews
The built work began life with a slender and light to the touch aesthetic typical of the 1950's and Festival of Britain period as seen in the Golden Lane scheme and matured into a hard edged rugged architecture seen in the Barbican and Leeds University. Despite the difference in aesthetics the constant thread throughout all of their work was their concern with place making and urban intervention brilliantly executed in the Barbican development and sadly unfulfilled in projects such as Leicester Civic Centre.
The book is packed with archive material that was thought lost and the author has done well to search out these architectural gems. Another worthy entry to the series and I look forward to my next purchase!
Most Helpful Customer Reviews on Amazon.com (beta)
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Art, Architecture & Photography > Architecture > Architects
- Books > History > Britain & Ireland > Edwardian and Early 20th Century 1901-1913
- Books > History > Britain & Ireland > Inter-war Period 1919-1938
- Books > History > Essays, Journals, Letters & True Accounts > 20th Century
- Books > History > Europe > Early 20th Century 1901-1913
- Books > History > Europe > Inter-war Period 1919-1938
- Books > History > North America > Early 20th Century 1901-1913
- Books > History > North America > Inter-war Period 1919-1938
- Books > History > Religious History > Christianity
- Books > History > World History > 1901-1913
- Books > History > World History > Inter-war Period 1919-1938