- Prime Student members get £10 off with a spend of £40 or more on Books. Enter code SAVE10 at checkout. Enter code SAVE10 at checkout. Here's how (terms and conditions apply)
An Chéad Chloch Paperback – 31 Dec 1994
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
Special offers and product promotions
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
About the Author
Pádraic Ó Conaire was born in Galway City in 1882 and reared in Rosmuc in the Connemara Gaeltacht. After leaving school he went to work as a civil servant in the Ministry of Education in London. There he met Irish-language activists (he was a friend of Robert Lynd, Michael Collins and the historian P. S. OHegarty) and became a teacher of Irish for the Gaelic League. His works include the short-story collections Nora Mharcuis Bhig agus Scéalta Eile (1909) and An Chéad Chloch (1914), and the novel Deoraíocht (1916). He returned to Ireland in1914 and lived there until his death in 1928. MAsal Beag Dubh, one of the books for which he is best known, was published in 1944.