- Hardcover: 851 pages
- Publisher: McGraw-Hill Education; 1 Har/Cdr edition (1 Aug. 2008)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 0071591060
- ISBN-13: 978-0071591065
- Product Dimensions: 19.3 x 5 x 24.1 cm
- Average Customer Review: 4.2 out of 5 stars See all reviews (42 customer reviews)
- Amazon Bestsellers Rank: 357,104 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
SCJP Sun Certified Programmer for Java 6 Study Guide (CX-310-065): Exam 310-065 Hardcover – 1 Aug 2008
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
From the Back Cover
The Best Fully Integrated Study System Available
With hundreds of practice questions and hands-on exercises, SCJP Sun Certified Programmer for Java 6 Study Guide covers what you need to know - and shows you how to prepare - for this challenging exam:
- 100% complete coverage of all official objectives for exam 310-065
- Exam Objective Highlights in every chapter point out certification objectives to ensure you're focused on passing the exam
- Exam Watch sections in every chapter highlight key exam topics covered
- Simulated exam questions match the format, tone, topics, and difficulty of the real exam
Covers all SCJP exam topics, including:
Declarations and Access Control · Object Orientation · Assignments · Operators · Flow Control, Exceptions, and Assertions · Strings, I/O, Formatting, and Parsing · Generics and Collections · Inner Classes · Threads · Development
- Complete MasterExam practice testing engine, featuring: Two full practice exams; Detailed answers with explanations; Score Report performance assessment tool
- Electronic book for studying on the go
- Bonus coverage of the SCJD exam included!
With free online registration: Bonus downloadable MasterExam practice test.
About the Author
Kathy Sierra is a co-developer of the SCJP exam and Sun's practice exam. She is also a Sun Certified Java Instructor and the founder of the world's largest Java certification website, Javaranch.com.
Bert Bates is a Sun Certified Programmer for Java and has participated in the development of the SCJP exam and Sun's practice exam. He is the coauthor, with Kathy Sierra, of the previous editions of this book.
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
Top Customer Reviews
Sun certified programmer
It's a pity, because the dead tree version of the book is very good, but the publisher of the Kindle edition has done a disservice to the authors and readers.
If you are familiar with the content then the Kindle version is a bargain as a revision aid as long as you keep your wits about you. If you are new to the material, buy the paper version.
The only thing that's helping me with this is that my employer gave me a hardback paper copy and I can use that to find out what the actual code should be. This works for me but only if I remember to look it up when I get home should I be studying on the train or when away from home.
One positive to take from the book: the tests at the end of each chapter have loads of questions that are designed to fool you so in a way it does sharpen up your code-reading skills but these are not reflective of the real exam questions! For that reason alone I have given it a 2 star rating.
I must warn that the book is quite voluminous but it's quite helpful if you have got time to prepare for the exam
Most Recent Customer Reviews
It was very good and the quality of the book was awazing.Published 10 months ago by Amazon Customer
Everything is very well explained. The best help I could get to pass my certification.Published 23 months ago by Francisco J. Montes
Good book for preparing for exam.
I thoroughly recommend it.
There is not much else to say, really other than it's the definitive guide.
Structure of the book is top-notch.
Chapters are easy to read and understand spiced with a lot of figures making the learning process a good experience. Read more
A must read book if you're preparing for exam or wan't strong foundations in Java. Most senior developers that I know would also benefit from reading it.Published on 15 Jun. 2013 by Tomasz Szawara
This book is great. It helped me pass my OCPJP 6 without any problems. The only drawback are those jokes... They are rarely funny.BUt still... 5 stars.Published on 13 April 2013 by Pawel B.
Great book, perfect condition. Love it! Funny language, makes you wanna read more, easy to read, intelligent. Read morePublished on 10 Mar. 2013 by tihana trivic
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Computing & Internet > Certification > Exams > European Computer Driving Licence (ECDL)
- Books > Computing & Internet > Certification > Subjects > Java
- Books > Computing & Internet > Digital Lifestyle > Online Shopping > Amazon
- Books > Computing & Internet > Programming > Languages
- Books > Education Studies & Teaching > Studying & Test Preparation > Study & Learning Skills