- Prime Student members get £10 off with a spend of £40 or more on Books. Enter code SAVE10 at checkout. Enter code SAVE10 at checkout. Here's how (terms and conditions apply)
Centring the Margins: Essays and Reviews Paperback – 1 Jul 2016
|New from||Used from|
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
Special offers and product promotions
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
For years I've been reading Jeff Bursey's well-informed, well-written reviews whenever I see them, and I welcome the opportunity to catch up on all of the ones I've missed, and to see my favorites preserved in permanent form. Bursey brings to each review or essay a wide background in modern literature, an honest effort to understand an author's intentions and aesthetics, and a generosity of judgment, always finding more to praise in an author than to censure. I've picked up several books he has recommended over the years, for I've learned to trust his taste, and even those I passed over left me better informed, for he often focuses not on the big authors that are reviewed everywhere, but on the fascinating innovators who are reviewed hardly anywhere. Bursey's collection is a first-rate guide to some of the most interesting fiction and criticism written in the 21st century. --Steven Moore, author of The Novel: An Alternative History
About the Author
Canadian writer Jeff Bursey is a novelist, short-story writer, and literary critic. He lives in Charlottetown, Prince Edward Island.
Most helpful customer reviews on Amazon.com