on 4 March 2013
Purchased this book to find out how the central heating and water system worked within the home. Thankfully the pictures which outlined the component parts and what they did, explained enough for me to undertake the job and repair which would have been a very costly job if I had called in a Plumber / Heating Engineer. Knowing the job has been done properly and not fleeced by a cowboy has given me a lot of satisfaction. Well worth the cost and saved me over £500 which I was quoted and actually cost me in total repairing it myself £45. Highly recommended.
3 people found this helpful
on 12 January 2017
Have just started reading some parts and looks quite informative .Gave me a better insight into how the different systems perform .
One person found this helpful
on 25 January 2014
I used to do plumbing and central heating installations over 30 years ago and wanted a book with the latest info. This has it in spades. Cracking book. First class and highly recommended if you want to know how your system works or you are updating it. I'd give it 10 stars if it was available. No pretty pictures in it but what is there is very illustrative for your needs.
2 people found this helpful
on 15 May 2016
Good book if you know nothing but as most people only have one type of heating source, then another book more specific to your own fuel source would be better. Covers oil gas electric. I only needed it for oil, and still had to research other publications to get all the info I needed.m
on 14 July 2015
Some of the images are a bit steamy and the plot is non existent, but for my needs it was an excellent read. ;-)
I can now make an informed decision about the desired system and design of my replacement central heating, so it was money well spent.
on 12 September 2015
A very useful book explaining how boilers work - well described. Not sure that I have succeeded in optimising the performance of an ageing boiler but am pleased to feel more confident that I understand what is happening when I switch it on.
on 23 September 2017
Good book
on 25 June 2017
Is ok for a beginner but not much help otherwise
on 29 June 2017
Most informative; good answers to a variety of question.
on 24 April 2017