Other Sellers on Amazon
+ £5.95 UK delivery
+ FREE UK delivery
Celestron NexStar 5 SE Computerised Telescope
|Price:||£669.00 FREE UK delivery.|
|You Save:||£254.00 (28%)|
- Enter your model number above to make sure this fits.
- Includes CD-ROM "The Sky" Astronomy Software which provides education about the sky and printable sky maps
- SE combines the classic heritage of the original orange tube telescopes with the latest state-of-the-art features
- StarPointer finderscope to help with alignment and accurately locating objects
- Sturdy computerized Altazimuth mount
- 5" Schmidt-Cassegrain telescope
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Style Name: Nexstar 5SE
Celestron NexStar Telescopes , ,The new NexStar SE Family combines the classic heritage of the original orange tube telescopes with state-of-the-art features including a fully computerised operating system, flash upgradeable hand control, superior StarBright XLT high transmission coatings, CelestronÕs revolutionary SkyAlign telescope alignment software and much more. , ,Including everything you need to get started viewing the night sky, the NexStar even comes with its own ultra-sturdy steel tripod with accessory tray and built-in wedge, making it the perfect companion for any budding astrophotographer. , ,Perfect for Astronomers of any Level , ,Whether you are a seasoned astronomer looking for a portable scope with advanced features, or just starting your astronomy adventure and looking for an easy way to enjoy the night sky, a NexStar SE will help you take a closer look. , ,Beginners can sit back and let the Next-StarÕs built in Sky Tour feature do all the hard work for them, prompting the computer to automatically find the most interesting objects in the sky and move between each one. For those more experienced with the night sky, the comprehensive database of almost 40,000 objects, including a list of the best deep-sky objects for viewing, will be sure to keep you busy for a while! , ,In addition to this integrated database, users can also enjoy a 10,000 object database, printable sky maps and 75 enhanced images provided by the included ÒTheSkyX Ð First Light EditionÓ astronomy software to further expand their knowledge of the great beyond. The possibilities are endless. , ,Less Time Setting Up, More Time Exploring the Sky , ,Extremely quick and easy to set up and use, no tools required, you can align your NexStar SE telescope in minutes with SkyAlign technology. Just point the telescope at three bright stars and let the computer do the rest. You donÕt even need to know the names of the stars! , ,The integrated flash upgradeable hand controller with backlit LE
Featuring high-quality Schmidt-Cassegrain optics, the NexStar 5 SE is an ideal telescope for observing and photographing the wonders of space. With a total weight of 28 lbs including the tripod, the ultra portable 5 SE features a precision optical system with 1,250 mm focal length (f/10) standard with our premium StarBright XLT coatings and offers 56% more light gathering power than a 4" model. The 5 SE includes a camera control feature that allows you to remotely take a series of timed exposures using your digital SLR camera. Plus the tripod featuring a built-in wedge helps make short-exposure astrophotography a heavenly experience. The NexStar 5 SE has all the same features as Celestron’s most advanced computerized GoTo telescopes, including our revolutionary SkyAlign™ alignment technology, a sky tour feature, a database of nearly 40,000 celestial objects and easy to use hand control. Plug the optional CN-16 GPS Accessory into NexStar’s auxiliary port and download data from orbiting GPS satellites for truly quick and easy alignments. The universe may be full of mysteries, but using the NexStar 5 SE isn’t one of them. In the tradition of Celestron's famous orange optical tubes, the new NexStar SE Family combines the classic heritage of the original orange tube telescopes with state-of-the-art features including a fully computerized operating system, flash upgradeable hand control, our superior StarBright XLT coatings, our revolutionary SkyAlign™ telescope alignment software and much more. Whether you are a seasoned astronomer looking for a portable scope with advanced features, or just starting your astronomy adventure and looking for an easy way to enjoy the night sky, a NexStar SE will help you take a closer look. Every NexStar SE includes a version of The Sky® software Level 1 Planetarium software for exploring the Universe on your PC and printing out custom star charts of the sky. In addition, you receive our NexRemote software that allows you to operate your telescope via your PC. Software package valued at over £120 included free with your NexStar SE!
What do customers buy after viewing this item?
Top Customer Reviews
The scope came with a single 25mm eyepiece, and although it gave me my first views of the sky through a telescope, I had to buy some new eyepieces and filters to get the most of the night sky, so expect to make another investment shortly after purhcasing.
Other accessories that I think are essential are a power adapter, batteries can be used but these are meant to be used in tandem with a mains supply incase the power cord temporarily comes free, meaning you would lose your alignment if there were no batteries providing backup. Some sort of dew shield is also crucial as most SCTs provide no protection, and dew collects on the main lense literally all the time meaning you won't see anything. A battery pack is also a necessary piece of kit if you're planning on taking your telescope to rural locations for dark sky viewing, a power tank is available for purchase from Celestron, however any battery pack for jump starting cars is more than sufficient.
In terms of what you can see through it, spectacular views of the lunar surface, Saturn's rings and moons, Jupiter and its moons, and also Mars are available. I would say don't expect to be seeing colourful gas clouds and nebulae through it as many people often do.
It's computerised mount enables you to align it to the stars, so that you can punch in which object you want to look at, the Andromeda Galaxy for example, and the telescope will automatically point itself at the object. Alignment is relatively easy and can be done in a few moments.Read more ›
- Works. Great for the novice. Schmidt-Cassegrain so from what I read it should be maintenance free and should be great for both planetary and deep sky objects.
- Looks great
- When it's tracking an object that passes vertically overhead, aside from not being able to physically get your head in to look into the eyepiece, the tracking gets completely confused. When you pick the next object to view it inverts its direction of movement and points somewhere to the ground! This means you have to realign from scratch. Hope they sort this out with a software upgrade
- The remote takes some fiddling to get back into its attachment. Will probably get easier with practice.
- It would have been better to have an integrated bubble level. It comes with a small level with a sticky back but there is no real place to conveniently stick it permanently.Read more ›
THE GOOD BITS
1. The set up was very easy and straightforward.
2. The instruction manual is excellent with lots of pics to show you how to set it up.
3. The GOTO computer is very good. I always use the 2 star method now, but you do need to know the names of a few of the brigthest stars.
4. Once you have the scope up and working, just decide what you want to look at and the GOTO will go to. However, a word of warning, for the goto to work very well, you must align your guide stars accuratly and your tripod must be level. Use a low magnification eyepiece first, centre the object and then use higher power eyepieces.
5. The tarcking is very good and can be improved by using the sync setting, which precisly locks on to your target and will hold it in teh centre of the eyepiece for at least 20 mins (plenty of time to make a hot cup of tea)
6. Portability - This was the clincher for me. You can carry the whole caboodle (scope and tripod) preassembled very easily. This means that your set up time is a matter of minutes and you will use the scope all the time.
7. Image quality - I am still blown away by the clarity of the objects. I live in a heavily light polluted area but it doeas not seem to affect the DSO or planets.
8. Eyepiece tray - might appear to be minor and trivial, but saves you groping around in the dark and squidging your eyepieces into the mud.
9. NO maintenence - lots of people talk about collumation - so long as teh scope is set up correctly at the manufacturers and you treat it very gently, then it will not need adjustment
THE BAD BITS
1.Read more ›
Most Recent Customer Reviews
For the money its a quite good scope. By attaching my 6D I managed to get some amazing shots of the moon, however shooting planets is a little bit out of reach. Read morePublished 6 days ago by Viktor Sudicky
Very disappointed! I bought a 6SE for Christmas 2015. First time I used the scope I was impressed. When I set the scope up next time it was dead and wouldn't work. Read morePublished 6 months ago by D.MCCORMICK
Excellent telescope! with a celestron 18mm eyepiece and 2x Barlow lens I was able to clearly see Jupiter and 4 moons and I live in London with 100% light pollution.Published 6 months ago by R. A. Aragao Jr.
The sky in UK these days is often too overcast, but nevertheless I managed to use it a couple of times. Read more
Brilliant bit of kit and worth every penny. The enjoyment this has given my family and friends can't be beatenPublished 8 months ago by BrianMcCue
I purchased nexstar 5se telescope and had it delivered on 3.Sept.2015 (India). I have had trouble with it from day 1. The following are the issues.
1. Read more