- Also check our best rated Camera reviews
Other Sellers on Amazon
+ FREE UK delivery
+ FREE UK delivery
Celestron Moon Filter
|Price:||£7.09 & FREE UK Delivery on orders dispatched by Amazon over £20. Delivery Details|
|You Save:||£5.90 (45%)|
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- Celestron's Moon Filter is an economical eyepiece filter for reducing the brightness of the moon and improving contrast
- Greater detail can be observed on the lunar surface
- The clear aperture is 21mm and the transmission is about 18%
- Moon Filter - 1-1/4"
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Customer Package Type: Standard Packaging
Would you like to tell us about a lower price?
The Moon has the distinction of being the most often viewed celestial object through backyard telescopes. It is undoubtedly beautiful and mysterious, and is one of those constants in our lives that connects us to every other being on our planet. Regardless of who we are or where we live or travel, we all look at the same moon. It is difficult to look at the Moon through a telescope and see all of the details due to its brightness. Our eyes are not ready for the bright beam of light that emits from the eyepiece, and they “stop down”, just as they would when you step out into the sunlight on a bright summer’s day. When we’re in the sunlight, we often wear sunglasses. They help us relax our eyes, protect us from glare, and help us see things more clearly. When amateur astronomers observe the Moon, we use a moon filter. A Celestron Moon Filter provides similar benefits to those of sunglasses...our eye relaxes and opens up to let us see more detail. This is especially important when observing the Moon when it is near full. The Celestron Moon Filter simply screws onto the insert barrel of most 1.25” eyepieces. It only takes a second or two to transform your regular eyepiece into one suited for lunar observations. A Moon Filter is also helpful when observing Venus or bright terrestrial scenes. This filter is not suitable for viewing the Sun.
Celestrons Moon Filters are economical eyepiece filters for reducing the brightness of the moon and improving contrast, so greater detail can be observed on the lunar surface. The clear aperture is 21mm for the 31.7mm filter. Transmission is about 18%
What do customers buy after viewing this item?
Top customer reviews
So, it does what it is supposed to do, it darkens the moon, although it gives it a greenish tint which I don't particularly like, but most moon filters give a color tint anyway. It is a poorly made plastic that holds the filter, so they could not have been cheaper when making this, and it's a shame, but I can't say it will break easily or anything like that.
Oh, don't just go out and buy a moon filter if you don't actually need it - make sure the glare of the moon does bother you first. And a little hint: sunglasses also work, just remember to take them off after viewing the moon ;)
Would you like to see more reviews about this item?
Most recent customer reviews
Fits perfectly onto the bottom of any 1/25 thredded eyepiece or if you remove the x2 lens on a Barlow for Astrophotography - see my...Read more
Look for similar items by category
- Electronics & Photo > Camera & Photo > Accessories > Binocular Accessories > Filters
- Electronics & Photo > Camera & Photo > Accessories > Filters > Effects Filters
- Electronics & Photo > Camera & Photo > Accessories > Filters > Polarizing Filters
- Electronics & Photo > Camera & Photo > Binoculars, Telescopes & Optics > Telescopes