Celestron 21035-ADS Travelscope 70 Telescope Kit
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- Portable telescope fitting inside the included custom backpack for easy travelling and storage
- Smooth functioning altazimuth mount ideal for celestial and terrestrial viewing
- Full size preassembled photographic tripod ensures a stable base with quick and easy no-tool set-up
- All coated glass optical elements and erect image diagonal for clear, crisp images and correct view orientation
- Package featuring an additional 4 mm eyepiece and 3x Barlow lens along with the standard 10 mm and 20 mm eyepieces and The Sky X - First light Edition CD-ROM
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you've entered a valid question. You can edit your question or post anyway.
Compare with similar items
Celestron 21061 AstroMaster 70AZ Refractor Telescope
Celestron 31045 AstroMaster 130EQ Reflector Telescope
Seben 700-76 Reflector Telescope huge Big Pack incl.
Aomekie AO2001 300x70mm Tabletop Terrestrial Astronomical Refractor Telescope for Beginners with Tripod, Kids Gift
TS-Optics Reflector Telescope 76/700 with AZ-2 mount with much better tripod and many accessories + Moonfilter, ideal for beginners, Starscope767
|Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||£7.99|
|Sold By||Amazon.co.uk||Amazon.co.uk||Amazon.co.uk||Seben GmbH||Aomekie Scope||Teleskop-Service Germany|
|Style||Travel Scope 70 (Amazon Exclusive)||AstroMaster 70 AZ Refractor||AstroMaster 130EQ Reflector||—||—||—|
Style Name: Travel Scope 70 (Amazon Exclusive)
Would you like to tell us about a lower price?
Celestron 00141248 Travel scope 70 Refractor Outfit.
Star Spotting on the Go
With the seemingly infinite number of stars and celestial objects to observe in the night time sky, it’s well understood that you are not going to be able to observe them all from one location. However, the problem with most telescopes is that they are big, heavy and bulky, making transporting them anywhere a considerably slow and cumbersome task.
Pack up your bags and prepare to see stars with the Celestron Travelscope 70 Refractor Telescope designed with traveling in mind whilst still offering the same exceptional value and quality associated with the Celestron brand. Featuring a compact and portable design, the telescope and all included accessories can be easily packed into the included custom backpack for the ideal transportation and storage solution. Take it with you on hikes, car journeys, holidays and more, having peace of mind that everything you need for clear, high-quality celestial observation is secured in one place and safe from becoming damaged or lost. When you want to use the telescope, simply remove from the bag and set-up in several extremely easy steps thanks to the preassembled, no-tools required, photographic tripod constructed out of light but strong aluminium to provide reliable stability whilst maintaining a good level of portability.
Then for an optical experience that is really out of this world, the Travelscope 70 Outfit also features all coated glass optical elements, so you experience nothing but the clearest, crispest images during both celestial and terrestrial observations, with the erect image diagonal and smooth altazimuth mount ensuring that you can correctly orientate your views and track objects with supreme ease and comfort. Furthermore, this exclusive package contains not only the standard 10mm and 20mm eyepieces and The Sky X – First Light Edition CD-ROM (featuring a 10,000 object database, colour images, custom sky chart printing and more), but also includes an additional 4mm eyepiece and 3x Barlow Lens to boost your viewing power to infinity and beyond!See all Product description
From the manufacturer
- Optical Design: Refractor
- Aperture (mm): 70 mm (2.76 in)
- Focal Length: 400 mm (16 inch)
- Focal Ratio: 5.71
- Focal Length of Eyepiece 1 (mm): 20 mm (0.79 inch)
- Magnification of Eyepiece 1: 20 x
- Focal Length of Eyepiece 2 (mm): 10 mm (0.39 inch)
- Magnification of Eyepiece 2: 40 x
- Finderscope: 5x24
- Highest Useful Magnification: 165 x
- Lowest Useful Magnification: 10 x
- Limiting Stellar Magnitude: 11.7
- Resolution (Rayleigh): 1.99 arc seconds
- Resolution (Dawes): 1.66 arc seconds
- Light Gathering Power (Compared to human eye): 100 x
- Optical Coatings: Fully Coated
- Eyepiece: 4 mm
- Barlow lens: 3x
Celestron Travelscope 70 Telescope Kit
This telescope was designed with traveling in mind while offering high value. The Travel Scope is made of high quality materials to ensure stability and durability. All this adds up to a telescope that gives you a lifetime of pleasure with a minimal amount of maintenance. Featuring a compact and portable design with ample optical performance, the Travel Scope is ideal for terrestrial as well as casual astronomical observation.
- All coated glass optical elements for clear, crisp images.
- Erect image diagonal so that your views are correctly oriented.
- Smooth functioning altazimuth mount with easy pointing to located objects.
- Preassembled aluminium full size photographic tripod ensures a stable platform.
- Quick and easy no-tool set up.
- The telescope and tripod fit inside the custom backpack for easy traveling and storage.
- 'TheSkyX – First Light Edition' astronomy software with a 10,000 object database, printable sky maps and 75 enhanced images.
What do customers buy after viewing this item?
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
This is a nice little 'scope, and the software/instructions supplied with it are really useful. We've not purchased any additional filters or lenses yet, but it's good to know we can do so if we want to.
As we live in South East England there's a lot of light pollution, but occasionally we get a night clear and dark enough to have a good look at the stars. We probably use it mostly to look at the moon, and the clarity and level of detail this scope provides is awesome.
For the price, I don't think you'll find much better. However, while it's nice to get a rucksack and tripod included, the tripod is too flimsy for stargazing. If you're viewing from indoors or on a steady platform you might be okay, but even for use in the garden it's just a bit too wobbly. Fortunately we had a much sturdier camera tripod which we use with it instead.
I dropped it a star because it has three annoying but not too serious flaws. The tripod is the flimsiest thing I've ever come across, the backpack that comes with it seems to be made for something else and the inverting diagonal section is extremely thin plastic into which fits (until the thread inevitably strips) a metal thumbscrew.
The stripped thread is only an issue if you're carrying the thing around with the eyepieces installed. When mounted on a tripod, the eyepiece will be held in place by gravity so it's not a fatal flaw - it is unnecessary and annoying though.
Some might argue that if you pay such a small amount for what is normally an expensive piece of equipment then you get what you pay for. However having read all the reviews i was confident that this was a good starter model and less of a risk.
It does what its supposed to... however the quality of all the components (not just some... ALL) are average at best. Imagine thin cheap plastic for everything, the lens caps, the tripod and all the accessories.
This means that if you are planning to us this on a regular basis then you might be frustrated with how 'tacky' it feels. If its once in a while product then go for it. Otherwise.. save up for another few months and buy something for 150+.
It will be too hard for my children to use. To be honest, after I opened the box, spent a couple of hours setting up. Then as soon as I let the children use it the telescope moved out of position of the moon again.
So I’ve packed away and not used again. I would have returned, but I didn’t keep the packaging.
It is a shame as the children were looking forward to this.
Most recent customer reviews
I purchased the Amazon exclusive travel scope 70.Read more
too expensive for its quality.