Format: Paperback|Change

on 16 March 2012
i have been a fan of lindy smith for many years . i have purchased several books that she has written and contributed to along with purchasing from her web site so a fan of hers.
this book was a let down as far as i was concerned. the book is expensive for what it contains. the cupcakes are not ground breaking or spectacular IMO and overall i found it quiet dull. it concentrates on mainly flat style fondant topped cakes with small decorations that seem a bit time consuming for the finished cake . i am sure that this book will be loved by many but having many books on cupcakes i was left disappointed and to be honest only that it got a little damaged in the post i would have returned it or given it as a gift. i will be keeping it but it it wont be opened very much.
on 18 April 2012
I purchased this book, having been a fan of Lindy for a while now. I was really expecting a 'WOW' experience over this book but I was so very disappointed. There was barely a cake in it that I liked that much, I didn't feel inspired to want to try any of them to be honest. I just thought they were very basic and none were that pretty and I have made better myself IMO! There are so many cupcake artists doing much better cupcake designs. I felt it was probably a rush-job to get a book out on the market to placate the publisher as cupcakes are big $$$$$ business at the moment! Just my opinion but I have other of Lindy's books and love them. Anyway, the bok arrived quite damaged in the post, owing to being sent in very flimsy corrugated paper. It was bent/broken along the spine and I returned it for a refund. Had I have loved the book or even vaguely liked it, I would have asked for a replacement. Sorry Lindy! And amazon...take note about the flimsy sub-standard packaging!
on 20 September 2014
Didn't realise it was just a picture book!! Complete waste of money!!