- Wine vintage is subject to change, though Amazon.co.uk endeavours to keep its vintage information as up to date as possible.
- Tell Us What You Think About This Wine Tried this wine and want to share your opinions on it? Why not post a review below to help other customers make an informed buying choice. Find out more about posting a customer review.
- Visit the Wine Reviews page featuring ratings from thousands of customers who have purchased and rated our most popular wines.
Cazes Le Canon du Marechal Syrah Merlot 2013 Wine 75 cl (Case of 3)
|Price:||£29.61 (£9.87 / 75 cl) & FREE Delivery in the UK. Details|
|You Save:||£6.36 (18%)|
- Deep ruby red in colour with aromas of ripe red and black berry fruit
- The palate combines juicy redcurrants, raspberries and cherries with a hint of spice
- An easy drinking wine, the velvety tannins are in perfect balance and the finish is rounded and long
Customers Also Shopped For
Special Offers and Product Promotions
Unless expressly indicated in the product description, Amazon.co.uk is not the manufacturer of the products sold on our website. While we work to ensure that product information on our website is correct, manufacturers may alter their product information. Actual product packaging and materials may contain more and/or different information than shown on our website. You should always read the labels, warnings and instructions provided with the product before using or consuming it and not solely rely on the information presented on our website. If you have any specific product queries, please contact the manufacturer. This notice does not affect your legal rights.
Cazes 'Le Canon du Maréchal' Syrah Merlot is a deep ruby red in colour with aromas of ripe red and black berry fruit. The palate combines juicy redcurrants, raspberries and cherries with a hint of spice. An easy drinking wine, the velvety tannins are in perfect balance and the finish is rounded and long.
Maison CAZES is set in the sunniest French region. Since the family started farming biodynamically they have found that the vineyards are healthier and the vines are stronger with longer roots. There is also more freshness and minerality in the wines. Vines grow on clay and limestone soils, covered by ‘galets roulés’ (the ‘pudding stones’ also found in Châteauneuf-du-Pape). The name ‘Le Canon du Maréchal’ refers to the famous general, Maréchal Joffre, who was born in Rivesaltes and who sold his vineyards to the Cazes family in 1927. The Canon is both a reference to his military background and a reference to the Roussillon saying ‘boire un canon’ (‘to have a drink!’).
Harvest was delayed by up to three weeks due to a late flowering accompanied by cold and wet weather. An Indian summer lasted through to the end of October and provided vital assistance to the final ripening stage given the warm days, cool nights and dry northerly winds.
Merlot and Syrah were vinified separately. A small portion underwent four days of carbonic maceration at warm temperatures to round out the tannins and provide good colour. The remainder was macerated at cool temperatures before the normal alcoholic and malolactic fermentation in stainless steel. The wine is unoaked and sealed under stelvin to retain the juicy berry fruits and freshness. The wine was bottled within six months. It comes with the vintage information as follows: Vintage: 2013; Grape varieties: 50%Syrah/Shiraz 4D% Merlot 10% Grenache/Garnacha; Region: Rivesaltes, France; Wine maker: Emmanuel Gazes; Closure: Stelvin; Classitication: IGP; Certification: Organic, Bio dynamic; Alcohol (ABV): 13%.