Cattle, A Handbook to the Breeds of the World Hardcover – 29 Mar 2007
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
Customers Who Viewed This Item Also Viewed
Enter your mobile number below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
Getting the download link through email is temporarily not available. Please check back later.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
About the Author
Valerie Porter has written some 30 books on rural themes including Saving the Breeds a history of the Rare Breeds Survival Trust, written jointly with Lawrence Alderson. She has edited an extensive range of agricultural, veterinary and life sciences books.
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
Top Customer Reviews
These nitpickings aside, I personally found this book immensely pleasing. It in detail covers the complex histories and relationships of many of today's modern breeds as well as covering the more obscure and rarer breeds that are on the brink of extinction. Also covered are many of the different variations that can make up a breed.
Definitely worth five stars.
Most Helpful Customer Reviews on Amazon.com (beta)
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Science & Nature > Biological Sciences > Animal Sciences > Mammals
- Books > Science & Nature > Biological Sciences > Animal Sciences > Reference
- Books > Science & Nature > Engineering & Technology
- Books > Science & Nature > Food & Farming > Farm & Working Animals
- Books > Science & Nature > History & Philosophy > Reference
- Books > Science & Nature > Nature > Reference
- Books > Science & Nature > Veterinary Science
- Books > Scientific, Technical & Medical > Veterinary Science