Customer reviews

Format: Kindle Edition|Change
Price:£4.49

on 19 July 2015
Another great read from the author.great storyteller.
on 19 May 2015
Good book
VINE VOICEon 29 March 2013
Okay, I admit, I am a huge fan of Charles de Lint's writing, even though most of his current work has been directed at the teen market. That, I think, is more to do with publishing trends though, and he does rise skilfully to the challenge of writing for teens - and in this case, children. This is a beautiful book, with sumptuous illustrations by Charles Vess, and these 'drawings' do an superb job of bringing the story, and its' characters, to life. The story is wonderfully told by CdeL, and features a little girl who lives with her aunt, and gets turned into a kitten... this adventure leads her to meet a very charming fox, a native 'aunt' who may be a spider woman, the scary possum witch and then there's a skirmish with the Bear People... Yes, I am an adult, but I couldn't put it down! This is a 'fairy tale' right out of the old tradition, full of magic, mystery, and the spirits of the woods and hills. The worst part? I had to come to the end eventually, and have to wait who know how long for the next de Lint offering! That thought had me speeding toward my CdeL back catalogue. Can't recommend this one highly enough, just 'wow!'
on 15 October 2013
Lillian's incredible journey begins in a forest, below the branches of the grandfather tree, where cats gather to dream and be dreamed.

This is a beautifully illustrated fairy-tale, written in a style with which de Lint has outdone himself.
on 25 January 2016
Beautiful enchanting fairytale, with wonderful imaginative magical characters. For anyone who likes cats or fairy stories, this story will enthrall you and make you feel warmer inside.
on 27 July 2013
Another wonderful story from one of my favourite authors. The gorgeous illustrations by Charles Vess lift the tale into the realms of pure magic. I can't recommend highly enough.
on 26 March 2015
A good children's story. I recommended it to my eight year old grand-daughter.
on 20 January 2014
Arrived well packaged and in the time stated. Got this as a Xmas present for myself haven't read it yet but the drawings are lovely and looking forward to a good read.