Colour Name: Pink|Change

on 15 April 2015
We have 2 kittens who, despite being fed the correct amount of dried food, are thieves and will poke their noses into everything! As such, cooking and meal preparation can be a real problem, unless they are banished from the kitchen at every meal time. This cat treat ball - which we use with their regular Royal Canin cat food - makes a huge difference, making our meal times both pleasant for us and entertaining for the cats. As the cats tend to be fed just before us, we merely put most of their food in their dishes and the rest into the ball to allow us to get on with cooking/eating in peace.

The ball is of sturdy construction and the holes where the food/treat comes out can be adjusted, by minuscule amounts, by a simple twist of the coloured plastic base. This makes the ball suitable for a wide range of cat foods/treats. We also purchased a PetSafe SlimCat Feed Ball at the same time as this and have found this to be better, as the 'spiral maze' inside delays the food dispensing for longer than the open ball construction of the PetSafe, giving us more peace!

In the video, you'll see the ball being used with a relatively large opening but, with fine adjustment (and possibly the marking of the optimal opening size with a pen), you can make it far more challenging than this.

All in all, this is a great product. It is cheaper than the PetSafe SlimCat (46p at the time of writing!), can be made more challenging and can be used for slimming your cat or as a superb distraction for inquisitive or greedy cats, allowing the human in the house to be more productive! Highly recommended.
on 11 October 2013
I got this for my cat to try to encourage him to play and get a little exercise as he's really lazy and really doesn't like to play. Filled it, put it down, he batted it about a bit and at the first sign of the treats being hard to release, he gave up!
Since I purchased this product the cat had a couple of health issues - he was taken to the vets and turned out he was being over fed...
So, reduce the food intake to the recommended portion and all of a sudden, this ball is the BEST THING EVER! We fill it with normal cat biscuits in between meals and the he goes mental for it until it stops rattling and he knows there are no more left.
Just purchased my second ball because the cat launched this down the stairs one too many times! Great value and pretty durable given what my cat has put this through over the last 6 months.
We can't live without one of these now as we use it so often to distract the cat when there's other things going on and when we're cooking etc.
I think that if your cat doesn't have the motivation to get the treats/food out then they're most likely being over fed. Believe me, I have the laziest and least playful cat in the world, but this thing is his ultimate favourite. Only thing better than this for him is a real live mouse :/
on 21 July 2011
My cat loves this toy. He has his own toy box,and,if this has been put back, he will retrieve it and keep patting it at me until I place a couple of treats in it. He is very persistant !!! My cat is 6 years old and lets me know when it's play-time at least twice a day by bringing toys to me. This however is by far his favourite.
on 28 July 2012
I really liked the idea of making my cat work a little for her treats, but unfortunately she hasn't once so much as touched this toy.
I keep pushing it around to try and demonstrate how it works and get her excited about it, but she just sits there and looks at me in a way that suggests she's thinking "what the hell is he doing and what the hell is it that makes human beings believe they are the dominant species?"
on 18 February 2013
so funny watching our cat roll it round the floor and then eating the treat, we go to work and when we
come home they have all gone, very good for bored cats !
on 26 December 2012
This ball is a really cool and novel way to make cats work for their treats. However, my cat appears to be too spoilt/stupid to realise that she is meant to roll the ball around herself to get the treats out; rather, she will wait for an exasperated human to do it for her. We're still hoping that she'll catch on but this toy is probably better suited to cleverer/more inquisitive/less spoilt rotten kitties.
on 28 March 2011
This is larger than I expected, it is larger than a tennis ball and therefore very big for a cat to play with. Having said that, the kitten does play with it, but it is a nudge with the nose-and-eat rather than a mad tear around the room as it is with a smaller ball. I was also surprised that it does not come apart - something that is designed to contain food really should be easily washable.

It is well made, I suspect it will last for years, and looks good.
on 17 April 2012
This is a great product. It's sturdy, and holds a good amount of treats; the only problem is, my cat is too lazy to roll it along the floor (he loves finding the treats that 'magically' appear when I roll it though)!
on 29 March 2012
Although I expected it to be a little bigger, the item was as described. My cats on the other hand were not as impressed as me and they merely ignored my efforts to engage with them. This is not the products fault as they do tend to ignore items I buy in an attempt to play with them. But for the price I can't complain, I shall probably pass it on to a friend with cats. I must say though that if you place a little bit of catnip in the ball with the treats then it does liven the experience up.
Would reccomend to owners of cats that are more animated!
on 9 October 2015
Although a good idea, the problem with this it's too big and heavy. I have a large Ragdoll who loves balls, playing and treats. (Ideal purchase you'd think?) But this was too big and heavy for her to push about even with her big Ragdoll paws and so she wasn't interested. This seems more suitable for dogs.

If someone could make a smaller, lighter version they'd be on to a winner as it is such a great idea.