on 21 March 2013
My wife loves this author/ cook and uses many of her ideas and tricks to add a new dimension to her dishes. Having lived abroad too, we adopted many spanish flavours and often used them with more North European dishes. Having an Italian take on this has been an interesting journey on a similar path, yet different enough to add a new perspective to my wife's dishes. Will be looking out for more books from this author.
on 10 October 2012
Great book, loving the recipes and the local slant Catherine takes. Looks more sophisticated than her last two books but rest assured recipes are as easy to follow as before. So far have enjoyed the Farafelle w Red pepper sauce, Fennel Puree, Beans w Italian Sausages and the Chicken w Pro Secco & Shallots (how could you not on a Friday nite) and next up something sweet.
on 27 December 2012
Chose this book as she has all of Catherine's other books. Well presented, great recipes in it as well. Definitely worth it
on 16 November 2014
I've watched Catherine on TV and always liked her easy going and confident style.....I was thrilled when I discovered that she had written several books (this being the second one I have now purchased). I have to say that it did not disappoint ....the recipe ingredients are easily sourced.......instructions and methods are clearly laid out and easy to follow. I can't wait to get cooking ....my only problem is which one to try first!!!!
on 2 January 2013
The book is just what I expected, the recipes are traditional which I prefer to cook and I hope to buy other books written by this author .