Customer reviews

Does the job
on 21 April 2017
does the job
on 3 July 2012
Nice, cheap cycle computer with just the basics to see you through. It's all I needed as all my really useful info is recorded on my phone's app. I found that the default 700mm wheel setting gave a very-slightly slower reading than the GPS on my phone and after a 40 mile ride, the odometer displayed1 mile less than my phone. A quick tweak to the setting sorted this out, mind. Speaking of settings...

The button on the back of the unit is a very soft, wobbly, rubber button, slightly set into the unit. It is VERY easily pushed too far down. I pushed my first one in straight away and had to send it back. Knowing this, I was careful with the second one and STILL mamanged to do it again. Only this time I managed to pop it back out. I know it was cheap, but this should be a really easy thing to put right, surely? The main button on the front of the unit is nice and sturdy and feels like it can take a lot of presses.

Apart from the reset button, it has worked flawlessly and the display is nice and clear.
on 28 October 2011
with out the need for fancy gps devices which you dont need, this speedo gives all the basic requirments which are diplayed clearly. the one button opperationg system is easy to use as well. i especially like the max speed recorder which is great for seeing how fast you just powered down a hill!
on 6 December 2009
I bought a cycle computer for my wifes bike only to find that it was over reading in everything, I sent it back and got my money back. I then bought this one, really easy to fit and to use also very accurate.
on 12 November 2011
Very easy to fit and very easy to use.
I like the fact that I don't have to think about switching it on every trip like I used to with my wireless trip computer.
on 1 July 2011
Great product, does exactly what's required at a very reasonable price. Will need to buy another one though as left mine on the bike overnight and it got pinched :-(
on 8 April 2009
this product is exactly what u get a slick looking clock, mph,distance ect computer easy to attached and program.
on 7 October 2009
Excellent piece of equipment, I have one already and bought one for Mrs H's bike. Easy to use and functions are easy to decifer.
on 26 February 2011
I wanted a cheap and cheerfull bike computer. I just ride to keep fit and like to keep a log of how far I've been.
The unit can be tricky to set up, be careful not to press the set button too hard.
In operation I really like the auto stop and start. One draw back to previous computers I've had is that you have to remember to stop/start at every traffic light.
The only thing I really would like is an average speed function which this does not have.It may be worth paying a bit more to get this function.
If you want a clear ,easy to use model at a cheap price I would recommend this unit. I have used Cateye other products (lights) for years without any faults in all weathers.
The service from Parkers was excellent, they quickly resolved an issue with a faulty part.