on 9 August 2017
good.
on 19 March 2017
Just What I expected - Great reading!
on 7 June 2014
As a believing catholic I have encountered a lot of different comments about my beliefs. They range from being called stupid, foolish, ignorant, living in the middle ages, a bigot, a hateful person and a few more that I cant write down.

This is not new Jesus warned that true Christians would be hated by the world so Ill just have to keep on loving my fellow man.

This book beautifully explains in details the teaching of our catholic church the church that was established by Jesus over 2 thousand years ago and this is an absolute must for any Christian trying to remain in strong in these difficult secular times.

God bless you all
on 4 May 2013
What would you expect a committed Catholic to say about this? It contains everything one needs to know about the faith - so important to all our lives. It is about the Truth.
on 30 January 2016
I am specifically reviewing the UK "Popular and Definitive Edition" by Bloomsbury (0860123278) and I am in no way commenting on the actual content of this work which is extremely good and freely available on the Vatican website. Given that fact, if one desires a paper edition (in my case for use with a men's group), one would expect an easily readable text and certainly not the very small and hard-to-read font in this edition. It is a small but thick tome with barely any margin. It is also very stiffly bound, which makes it difficult to keep it open on a specific page. All this is very unnecessary if you compare the cheaper French edition of the text (2266095633), which is very readable and supple as well as being smaller!
on 5 September 2014
Contains some doctrine that runs counter to actual Catholic teaching. Some good, some bad.
TOP 1000 REVIEWERon 1 June 2008
There are many versions of the Catechism of the Catholic Church and even many different editions of each of those versions, so one would beg the question why review a book so readily available and so accessible. That would be a good question to ask. There is the `original edition' the `second edition' and now there is also a `definitive edition' so why would we examine this work?

The answer is that like with Shakespeare, for which there are innumerable editions each reader tends to gravitate towards a specific version or set of editions. In having spent many hours reading these documents over the last few months I can only state categorically that this is the `best packaging' of the Catechism that I have yet to investigate. The larger format makes it easier to work with than many of the smaller pocket version, the wide margins left for personal notes and thoughts is much appreciated. As well this edition is the only one I have found with a glossary and it also has a more extensive index then the other two editions I examined.
33 Comments| 76 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 8 April 2013
Fantastic edition, comfortable to read, the font is just the right size and overall, the purchase is certainly worth the price. As for the content - it's obviously great! I thoroughly recommend this to all interested!
on 22 July 2012
Ok so the print is small, and it is not a hardback, so what, you won't die wondering if you own this book, make sure you have a dictionary handy for the odd word here and there... considering it's 8 years work the price is buttons..... outstanding spiritual achievement in a world of increasing despair. Amazon is very reliable I have never had one complaint
on 23 October 2013
I am a catechist at my local church and this book is a great read. I love the explanation and breakdown of the Creed "I believe".
Please buy one and you'll love it. I strongly recommend this book.
SB