- Paperback: 732 pages
- Publisher: Catholic Truth Society; The CTS Definitive and Complete Ed edition (22 April 2016)
- ISBN-10: 1784691062
- ISBN-13: 978-1784691066
- Product Dimensions: 18.6 x 13.6 x 4 cm
- Average Customer Review: 4.3 out of 5 stars See all reviews (7 customer reviews)
- Amazon Bestsellers Rank: 138,434 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
Catechism of the Catholic Church Paperback – 22 Apr 2016
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
If you are a seller for this product, would you like to suggest updates through seller support?
Catechism of the Catholic Church - the CTS definitive and complete edition.
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Top Customer Reviews
One may ask, why do we need another edition of the Catechism, almost 2 decades after the first English translation (1994, revised in 1999)? The answer is given by looking at 2 things the editors at CTS revised in this edition: content and form.
1) Content. There is a subtle revision of the translation of the Creed (see p. 53-54), both of the Apostle's Creed and the Nicene Creed. This is meant to reflect the new English translation of both Creeds in the Roman Missal (put into practice since late Nov 2011: unfortunately, most people still don’t know how to pray it at mass; it will take a long time for people to memorize the new formulation). In the CTS book, this revision affects nº 197 (in p. 53-4), and the title of the sections which use the wording of the Articles of the Apostle's Creed.
2) Form. There is a big improvement in the typographical presentation of the contents.
Both the softcover and hardcover editions are impressive, and among other editions I know in other languages, the CTS version is by far the best. Very wise choice of colours for the numbers and text boxes, which contributes to a pleasant reading.
The hardcover is a wonderful study version.
The softcover opens quite well, seems resistant in the long term (for a book of over 700 pages), and the size of the letter is not too small, so you can also use it for study purposes (though the Hardcover is better in this regard).
The only thing that could make the CTS edition even better would be to include the useful Glossary that appears in the version of the Catechism published by the US Bishops. But this is only an extra, and it might involve copyright issues (N.B.: the Glossary is freely available in the Web, just Google "glossary catechism catholic church").
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Just what I needed and really fantastic tool. Such a depth of explanation that all hangs together.Published 3 months ago by David J.
I really wanted this to replace my big green hardback CCC as my new favorite catechism. I like the new layout and typesetting, but there are two glaring issues:
1. Read more