on 13 December 2014
Both my cats started to play with this product as soon as it was assembled. The green piece in the center which is designed for their teeth and gums has splintered after less than 5 minutes use. As soon as I saw that it had splintered and they were able to chew the plastic off, I took it off them. Thats when I noticed the blood. I immediately checked both my cats who had no obvious damage to their teeth or gums, but this product is now either going in the bin, or being returned for a refund. Do not buy this dangerous product for your cats.
19 people found this helpful
on 2 March 2013
If you are a cat owner you know that you take a risk whenever you buy something for your cat. While some cats may love it some will just hate it or simply ignore it like mine did. We did try various things, catnip, Marmite, etc but, no, it did not work. I guess my cat is no keen on plastic, as he would go for any other material.

The funny thing is that he loved the Amazon box the toy came in. He started playing with it as soon as it arrived and still now, after a month, we have not been able to throw it away as he has decided to make it his bed, not that he did not have places to sleep before!

So, well, yes, a very expensive card box we bought from Amazon. I hope the cats from the shelter (where we donated the toy) appreciated it more than my cat.
review image
144 people found this helpful
|33 Comments|Report abuse
on 12 April 2018
I thought my cat would live this as she's always brushing up against things. Alas, I was wrong. That's not because the product was bad. In fact, I think the design is good, with lots of sections where a cat would get a free massage. Assembly was easy and no issues with delivery.

My cat, however, took one look, stuck her nose in the air and trotted off. I tried putting treats on there to lure her in...she got the Dreamies then wandered off.

I've given 5 stars, because I think the product is good and easy to assemble. Some cats will love it; just not my fussy kitty.
on 1 January 2015
I bought this item in sale, but still wasted my money. My cat was interested initially but as other reviewers warned, he chewed the green top of the toy and it became razor sharp... I completely removed the top part now and without catnip my cat doesn't even look at it anymore. I wish I had read the reviews before buying this product. Not good and potentially very dangerous for your cat. Be aware.
5 people found this helpful
on 7 April 2017
While it is always hit and miss whether your cat takes to a toy, I have never had my cat so uninterested in a toy. The rubber mat won't stay flat and and does not fit snuggly so it is easy for the centre to be moved out of it or knocked over. The centre bit designed for them to chew on comes loose easily which when the aim is for the cat to chew on it seems like another design flaw.
3 people found this helpful
on 24 October 2013
The cats were very intrigued when first placing the CatIt toy on the floor. They even queued initially! You place the cat nip at the top in a little crater but I would advise buying a cat nip spray as well to get them using the lower parts and because one of ours eats it from the top! I have four cats and all of them have used it. Although there are a small percentage of cats that do not react to cat nip or it does the opposite to turning them hyper and relaxes them instead! I would purchase a small amount of cat nip first and see how they react to that before buying this item. My cats have lost a little interest from when it was brand new but they still use it often. It is easy to clean and not too hard to take apart. It was only £5 when I purchased this which was an absolute bargain!
on 10 July 2015
Given it two stars as it's well made for the price. However, it's useless for my cat. She is quite tall, but not hugely so, just quite a big cat and the contortions she has to get herself into to rub her cheeks on the massagey bits, is ridiculous. It all got to be too much effort for her after about twenty minutes and she never looked at it again.

The port where you put the catnip can be messy if your cat knocks the centre over. The grey rubber mat kept separating itself from the rest of the centre too and is quite awkward to fit back on.
on 4 December 2012
Having two indoor cats that are for ever rubbing their faces and banging their heads on hard surfaces, I bought this thinking it would give them a safer place to perform their rituals. Unfortunately, even with the catnip that my female cat absolutely adores, neither of my cats have taken to this at all.

I haven't totally given up on it yet and am trying it in different places around the house but, so far, no joy. Maybe it's a seasonal thing. Perhaps cats scent mark more in the summer months. I have certainly noticed that my male cat hasn't been banging his head on our metal coffee table lately so perhaps, come summer, ha! the Massage Centre might get some use.

As with all the Catit Senses items I've bought recently, it is very well made.
on 28 June 2015
This is a good toy but my cat doesn't use it as much as the others this brand has. I have to spray it with catnip and only then does he go to it. Admittedly he does go absolutely crazy when there's catnip on it and will sit here for an hour. Be warned though it will need cleaning after from the saliva and hair and catnip all mixed in. Luckily it is quite easy to clean.
One person found this helpful
on 16 October 2015
Very disappointed with this. Within half an hour my cat had chewed through the gum stimulator and cut his mouth, blood everywhere. They have not been near the massarger part. Total waste of money. I have seen similar feedback on the gum stimulator and I am surprised they still allow this products to be sold and have not rectified the issue.
One person found this helpful