- Visit the Cat Clothing & Accessories Store for a huge selection of cat collars, leads, coats and jumpers from great brands at top prices.
- Visit the Cat Store for great offers on cat food and accessories from top brands.
- Visit the Pet Supplies Store for a huge selection of pet supplies from great brands at top prices.
- Visit the Deals in Pet Supplies Page for great discounts on a range of top-brand pet supplies products.
- Visit the Cat Flap Reviews page featuring ratings from thousands of customers who have used our most popular cat flaps.
- Visit the Cat Litter Reviews page featuring ratings from thousands of customers who have used our most popular cat litters.
Other Sellers on Amazon
+ FREE delivery
+ £2.49 delivery
+ FREE delivery
Cat Mate C50 Automatic Pet Feeder
- Easy to use 4 day timer allows a choice of meal times (not fixed intervals)
- Over 1 year's continuous use from 1 x AA battery (not supplied)
- Twin ice packs and close fitting lid help keep food fresh
- Five food compartments each hold 300g wet food - enough for two cats or a small dog
- Easy clean, removable dishwasher-proof lid and bowl
Frequently bought together
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Special offers and product promotions
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
serves up to 5 feed portions at normal feeding times removable, easy-to-clean cover and bowl (also dishwasher-safe) easily set 4-day timer permits free selection of feeding times (no fixed intervals) battery status indicator powered by 1 x AA battery (not included in the delivery) two cooling batteries and close-fitting covers keep the feed fresh. Remove clear timer knob cover by squeezing together its textured areas. Rotate the timer knob anti-clockwise to set the current time in the 'TODAY' sector opposite the 'Time' arrow. Set meal time indicators to desired meal times, starting with the first meal indicator (white triangle) at the first meal to be served. N.B. Do not program meals in the solid red sector on the 'Time' arrow. (In the diagram, the current time is 12pm and the feeder will serve one meal at 6pm tonight, the next meal at 8am tomorrow, a third meal at 6pm tomorrow and the final meal at 8am the day after tomorrow). Replace timer knob cover.
Pet Mate Automatic Pet Feeder - 5 Meal Feeder For Cats, Kittens, Small Dogs and Puppies Pet Mate have developed the Automatic C50 Feeder for cats and small dogs that caters for people working late, or going away for a weekend or spending the day away from home. This feeder has five compartments controlled by a timer and a rotating lid, to give your pet up to 5 fresh meals reliably served at the correct time. Each food bowl holds 300g (2/3lb) of food, whilst the twin ice packs supplied and close fitting lid helps to keep the food fresh. Serves up to 5 fresh or dry meals at any required times over a maximum period of 4 days. Features • Five separate food compartments • Battery condition indicator • Easy to use 4 day timer allows a choice of mealtimes • Two Ice packs to keep food fresh • Suitable for all types of food (fresh and dried) • Easy to clean, dishwasher-proof bowls Requires 1 x AA battery (not supplied). DIMENSIONS: 30cm roundSee all Product description
From the manufacturer
Pet Mate is a leading manufacturer of innovative products for pets and ponds, under the CAT MATE, DOG MATE and FISH MATE brands.
Pet Mate designs and engineers quality branded products at competitive prices and is proud of a level of customer service second to none - that is the cornerstone of Pet Mate's philosophy.
Pet Mate believes that the best quality starts with the best design and thorough UK based research and development. The use of superior materials, careful UK controlled manufacture and stringent quality checks allow Pet Mate to offer a meaningful 3 year guarantee on all of its products.
Pet Mate’s customer helpline staff are on hand during office hours to answer questions, advise on purchases, and solve any problems which may arise. A comprehensive spare parts service is also offered as part of a commitment to total customer satisfaction.
Dog doors, cat flaps, pet feeders and fountains
Pet Mate manufactures a wide variety of cat flaps, feeders and fountains to suit all requirements and budgets. The range includes the popular Cat Mate microchip cat flaps, which provide selective entry for your registered cats whilst keeping stray pets out.
Dog Mate dog doors are suitable for a wide range of dog breeds. The medium and large Dog Mate doors feature robust locking panels for security.
All Pet Mate flaps are fully brush sealed with magnetic closures for total weatherproofing and minimum energy loss from the house. Wall and window installation is possible on selected lines using the appropriate adapter or wall liner for your chosen product.
Pet Mate feeders are veterinary approved to reliably deliver portion controlled meals at the times set by you.
The best-selling Pet Mate Pet Fountain guarantees pure, fresh flowing water and is designed to encourage your pet to drink enough to stay well hydrated, something which is essential for any pet’s well-being.
For full product information visit the website at www.pet-mate.com.
Customers also shopped for
265 customer reviews
Review this product
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
Programming it was pretty easy to be honest, I was a bit worried after reading several reviews saying it was impossible or difficult..
(TEST RUN result)
* The first meal (morning 1st day)(the one is already open from the beginning) didn't go too well as they were a bit unsure of the device. (morning)
* The second meal - (evening 1st day) It popped up as timed, and this one they totally devoured. At first I thought they couldn't reach the narrow area of the bowl as most of the food seemed to end up there. But a bit later and all of it was gone, so no problems there. (evening)
* Third meal - (morning 2nd day) They were not so keen on this one and taking a closer look, it looked like the food was less fresh, the sauce was still there so I wasn't sure what was the problem, but they ate only a but more than 1/2 of it.
* Forth meal - (evening 2nd day) This one was obviously not too fresh, they didn't seem to even like the smell much (it's their favourite food) and they ignored it for a while until I guess they were too hungry, and then they ate a bit. They didn't even eat 1/3 of it.
* Fifth meal - (morning 3rd day) - I had put dry food here already anticipating that wet food wouldn't hold that long, so no problem there.
I had a hard time deciding which device to buy so I'm going to sum up the good and bad points of this one from my personal experience.
- Ice packs - This is a nice feature that helps with the wet food keeping fresh for as long as possible.
- Bowl size - This is pretty big and will hold over 2 wet food sachets or a bunch of dry food definitely more than enough for 2 cats
- Timer - Easy to program
* BAD: (and the reason why I dropped 2 stars)
- Ice packs - (only bad if using wet food) They are way too small, and melts way too quick. During my test run, food wasn't very fresh by the third meal (morning of second day) and I checked them and they were definitely melted. So they help extend the time before the wet food goes bad but not for too long.
(Idea: the day before leaving, I will put the wet food sachets for the 2nd meal in the fridge, and the sachets for the 3rd meal in the freezer. That + ice packs should help extend a little bit more) - Meals 4 & 5 I will definitely only use dry food.
Also, it would be nice if they included 2 extra ice packs straight away for continued use, as buying them separately means an extra £20+-.
- Design - The fact that the top part rotates revealing the different bowls, means that you have to allow plenty of room all around the device. While we're away we don't mind but if we wanted to use on a regular basis, it would mean having it in the middle of the way as you can't have it against/near the wall. It would be much better if the middle part rotates and top part stays put.
- Timer - Even though it's easy to program, the red handles are super stiff and difficult to move.
- Batteries - I don't think it would be too difficult for them to include a single AA battery?
That's all, I think this is the longest review I've ever posted!!! phew!
Anyway I recommend this product, specially if you use mainly dry food. Very handy if you're away for a couple of days. Not so good for continued use in my opinion though.
What DOESN'T help is the compartment marked with a zero that is supposed to help with set up. It is barely visible as a matt marking on the bottom of one of the trays & impossible to spot in low light. Also it is not readily apparent which way the unit rotates so if you are setting it up for just a couple of days there's a very real risk you'll place the food in the wrong compartments.
Finally, there is the cooling mechanism, costing of two (surprise, surprise) non-standard size freezer blocks. These have no hope of assisting for anything more than a day & a half at most so completely inadequate for something that's supposed to operate for four days at a time with anything other than dry food.
You can set the timer to move to the next meal at any precise time of the day to match your cat's usual routine. My cats get on fine with it and can cope when I go for a weekend away without me needing to arrange for someone to call in on them. I find the feeders really reliable.
We did have bad luck with the first two units being faulty, but Amazon were brilliant with returns & replacements and now we're very happy. If you order one, set it up and test it immediately on receipt.