- Also check our best rated Ps3 Game reviews
Other Sellers on Amazon
+ £1.26 UK delivery
+ £3.49 UK delivery
Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2 (PS3)
|Price:||£11.66 & FREE UK Delivery on orders dispatched by Amazon over £20. Delivery Details|
Fulfilment by Amazon (FBA) is a service Amazon offers sellers that lets them store their products in Amazon's warehouses, and Amazon directly does the picking, packing, shipping and customer service on these items. Something Amazon hopes you'll especially enjoy: FBA items are eligible for and for Amazon Prime just as if they were Amazon items.
If you're a seller, you can increase your sales significantly by using Fulfilment by Amazon. We invite you to learn more about this programme .
- PS3 Support
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Platform: PlayStation3 | Edition: Standard Edition
If you are a seller for this product, would you like to suggest updates through seller support?
The conclusion to the ‘Lords of Shadow’ saga! Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2 is an epic adventure, set in an expansive open, modern-day world. Play as Dracula for the very first time in the history of the Castlevania series and discover the ultimate fate behind the ‘Lord of Shadow’ himself.
• Become the ultimate anti-hero - Play as Dracula for the first time! Collect all of the vampire Lord’s deadly powers and abilities.
• Open world environments – journey through a world of deep exploration in a “modern day” setting and get lost in the sprawling labyrinthine corridors within Dracula’s castle, discovering new ‘Lords of Shadow’ environments and secrets along the way.
• Concludes the immersive and powerful storyline – lose yourself once again, in this final installment of the ‘Lords of Shadow’ trilogy. A fitting conclusion to the saga!
• Utilize the powers of the great vampire Lord - Master Dracula’s vampiric aspects for deep strategic combat and devastating abilities! Develop Dracula’s skills and techniques your way.
• Void & Chaos Powers – use these magical capabilities, each with its unique weapon, to change the course of a battle. Master each weapon to unlock devastating skills in which to overshadow your foes.
• Out-smart your adversaries with vampiric powers - Transform into mist, possess and control enemies, disappear into the darkness unseen or scuttle past enemies unnoticed in rat form.
• Navigate elaborate environments and boss battles - Traverse levels using new platforming mechanics and engage in massive Titan fights that feel like entire environments. The previous games beautiful art direction and lush world buildings again come to the fore, putting you at the centre of an amazing gothic fantasy ripe for exploration.
• Drink blood for eternal strength - Intensify your immortal powers by drinking the blood of your enemies. Blood fuels your Void & Chaos capabilities! Use focus to control the flow of blood and dominate your enemies.
Top customer reviews
Gameplay is smooth and elegant: the combat builds on the already fantastically fluid system introduced with the first game, traversal is fun and engaging, and there is plenty to explore.
The issue most people seem to be having is with the "tacked on" stealth style sections of the game. As a fan of stealth games I found no quarrel with these sections, as they broke up the pace nicely between large battles as well as incorporating more of The Prince of Darkness' Vampiric abilities into the game. It enriches the experience!
I've never been someone to judge a game massively on a graphical standing, as I feel this detracts from the core of a game. However in this case, the visuals given to us in this game are truly stunning, I often found myself just sat there staring at the scenery or gasping at the visual delight that is the variety of combat animations.
One thing I really don't get is everyone's problem with the plot and acting. I can only assume these people simply don't understand what is happening properly or didn't get involved enough in the story from the beginning. I recommend that the first two games (Lords of Shadow 1 and Mirror of Fate) are either played or at least watched through, as the story leading up to this installment is not best portrayed or explained by the short cut-scene at the beginning. The acting is fantastic on the most part. Some of the side character's voice actors left a little to be desired, but the main cast are brilliantly written and sincere in their performances.
Overall, Lords of Shadow 2 has expanded and improved upon the original game to become what is ultimately an extremely fun and engaging experience. Ignore the bad reviews, they obviously don't know what they're talking about.
Of course this is all personal opinion, no reviewer is ever going to have the exact taste as you. The only way to find out if you like something is to try it yourself, so I implore you to at least try the free demo to get a taste. I just wanted to fight back against the tide of unfair reviews for what is now one of my favourite games.
Gameplay utilises 3 weapon types, one with health steal, one with extra burn damage and the basic blood whip ala Kratos chains.
the game was very enjoyable and quite difficult at some points, the stealth sections were uncalled for and i didn't really enjoy them but they do change up the gameplay, thankfully they are very short and infrequent.
Boss fights were amazing as usual and the design of the enemies was great.
the story although presented wonderfully was ultimately unsatisfying at the end although it had a great twist i feel as if an opportunity was wasted. Overall a great game with some epic moments that truly showcase the Badass that Dracula is