on 4 February 2017
Previously bought four years ago. Battery was fading a bit and the strap broke. Can't live without a watch so bought a new one.
Have now replaced the battery on the old one (see note below) and have ordered a new strap for under £2. So I will have a spare for when the strap goes again. If I had thought ahead I would have bought a spare strap earlier and wouldn't have needed to buy a new watch.

Not all Casio watches have 'Illuminator' illumination for night time, I had one before with a tiny light at the side which was useless.

Though the same model as before, the new one has easier to press buttons which is good. An excellent watch and if you don't like the strap buy a fancy strap, 18mm, and fit it easily.

Note re battery change. Once upon a time some (most?) Cassio watches required a reset after a battery change. This reset consisted of short-circuiting two connections inside, if you knew which to short-circuit. Glad to say this time with my old watch not only was that not required but the watch retained/restored its settings. How long you can have the battery out I don't know. The four small screws holding the back can be undone with a fine cross-tip or simple straight-tipscrewdriver. The screwhead has one bar-slot cross-cut to suit the latter and the other bar-slot is only partly cut across. A good magnifier or simple microscope is helpful especially to my old eyes.
22 Comments| 12 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on 11 January 2011
Purchased this Casio to replace a W-58 with a broken strap. On the face of it this should be a better watch, costing more, and with a proper back light, the W-58 is useless in that respect.
A key feature for me in a watch is that it must be water resistant as I swim regularly and this is resistant to 50 metres. Only it isn't. Just returned from holiday in the Carribean and on the first day of snorkelling the watch lasted less than 5 minutes. The numbers started to disappear and I am left with odd dots and dashes but there is no obvious signs of water.
Never sent anything back to Amazon before so I have completed the online stuff and am awaiting a replacement. If this manages to withstand the sea I will upgrade the stars as it was fine till it stopped working! The backlight is particularly good.
99 Comments| 4 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on 8 April 2016
The watch came out in 1995/01. The module number is 3298. It's light weight, only 22 grams. The display is crisp and clear. It's water resistance, 5 bar / 50 m (bathing), better than the more popular F-91 that only has 3 bar / 30 m (splashing). This watch also has a better light. The battery will last for a long time, 7 years. The watch has an automatic calendar programmed with 28 days for February. Meaning you will have to set the date manually at the leap year.
review imagereview image
11 Comment| 39 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on 28 November 2017
Casio watches are so reliable I love them. I’ve got two small ones and a baby g and I never go anywhere without one of them on! Water resistant too! Well priced, great quality. I would definitely recommend :)
review image
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on 5 December 2017
Opened box and no watch inside!!!!
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on 20 August 2016
Was looking for a watch which was cheap but kinda stylish. It's a great purchase and glad I got it! It has a lovely Matt finish around the black parts of the watch. The illuminated display when holding the button is a great feature! For £14 you cannot go wrong at all. Very easy set up with built in stopwatch and alarm feature (as well as the standard date and time display). You can change the time from 12hour to 24 hour in the click of a button. I love how the watch shows you the exact second of the time too. Cannot fault this watch, comfortable and stylish! And cheap! Also to add the watched strap is very adjustable and will defiantly fit any wrist size.
on 17 May 2017
Fantastic watch. Very durable, waterproof and the 'illiminator' display is very bright and easy to see at night. I wanted a watch like this because i wanted something that was practical, durable, waterproof, had a back light for night time, that i wouldn't i be afraid to wear in the garage or out hiking, or to the gym. Basically i wanted a watch i could wear everywhere, but i didn't want it to be expensive or too fancy and pretentious looking, just in case it got lost or stolen and because I really, really don't want to look like one of 'those guys' that wears the giant shiny watch with 37 dials that can tell the time in a black hole... not my thing at all. So when i saw this Casio, it fit the bill perfectly. I've got a Casio scientific calculator that i got at the start of high school, it's been dropped, thrown, never had the batter changed and 14 years later, still works perfectly! So i figured if their watches are anything like their calculators I won't be disappointed. So far it's going strong. I've had it About a year now, i never take it off other than to clean it, and it's showing no signs of wear or damage. Very pleased with this watch and considering the price it's staggering value.
on 13 August 2017
Good watch. I recommend it. I have bought it for work. The green light looks nice.
on 20 April 2017
I have to give this product 5 stars for what it achieves at such a low price.
The watch display is great. I like how it shows just the 'day' and 'date' and it doesn't display the month. This is largely because most of us know what month it is anyway, and most digital watches show the date in an American format which can sometimes be confusing to me. (I'm not the quickest of cats at the best of times.)
The backlight is fantastic and the watch has survived any water it has encountered.

The one niggle I have is that the timepiece is very small. The strap is tiny and quite short. (I don't consider my wrists to be big at all, yet I struggle to put the watch on.)
Saying that, I am used to big chunky watches (like G-Shocks etc) and this watch was bought as a temporary replacement until I get some funds for a new one.

To summarise: If you want a watch that will tell you the time, night or day, won't break if dropped in the sink and has a few other features (stopwatch/alarm) then you can't go wrong. The quality of this thing is phenomenal.
on 2 May 2017
I have been wearing this model of watch for over 30 years now. They are soooo reliable and useful! I use the alarm everyday and frequently the stopwatch function. The light function is also really useful when blundering around in a hotel room/tent/shed/garage at night and unable to find a light switch. What amazes me is how many other people I have seen around also wearing this model. They must surely be a design classic- simple, functional and cheap! I always splash out the little bit extra for having the 50m water resistance on the basis that it might come in handy one day, e.g. escaping from a submarine; who knows when it will come in handy? It's a tough world out there, this watch can handle it!
One tiny niggle, about every 3-4 years or so I buy a new model because the strap eventually wears out (it's all that escaping from submarines that does it) but hey! Casio have to make a living and it would be a real nightmare for them if this cheap watch lasted 45 years- they would have gone out of business years ago! I really hope they keep making this model for many years to come, coz as they say "If ain't broke, don't fix it!" Keep up the good work Casio!