Learn more Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Learn More Shop now Learn more Fire Kids Edition Shop Kindle Learn More Shop now Shop now

Colour: Rose|Change

on 8 March 2013
I have owned Casio digital watches (all model F-91W) for about 20 years - this is testament to the basic reliability of that watch and its similar models - but the resin straps always crack. The watches become unusable despite their continuing to display the correct time.

So I bought this model, which is very similar to F-91W, to solve the strap problem - it's stainless steel. The strap clip seems secure enough, but the passage of time will tell. I'm pleased that this version has a countdown timer, but slightly miffed that there seems to be no button to instantly zeroise it.

Another advantage - the watch is compact and unobtrusive, unlike some of the clunky other models that Casio markets.

NB the watch has four buttons - you cannot see the top left one because it is almost flush with the watch case.
on 31 March 2016
Lovely looking watch. Looks a little more modern than the classic retro versions in yellow gold. Great value for money. Only negative (not really negative) thing I'd say is that I wouldn't class the colour as "Rose Gold". I have rose gold watches and rings and, in comparison, I would say they're different colours completely. The watch is more of a dull bronze colour. Still lovely. Just not what I was expecting. It's different. I like it, but some might not like the dullness. The strap is adjustable, and I've uploaded photographs to show this - you just snap open the clasp with a screwdriver and slide it up or down the bracelet, then close the clasp. Hope this helps. :)
review image review image review image review image review image
on 18 November 2012
Recommend this watch - It was delivered ahead of the time I expected, and is just what I expected.
All the basic functions, no complicated bells and whistles. Just what I need for a work watch.
44 Comments| 8 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 23 March 2013
Previously, the only problem I've had with this type of watch is breaking a plastic strap. The metal band on this model means I've got no complaints whatsoever!
on 12 March 2013
It looks OK, slightly smaller than I expected. The catch is terrible - most bracelet type straps click only partially open and you slide it over your wrist. This strap opens completely and ,the catch isn't very strong and not very easy to fasten. After about 3 weeks, the catch failed, it fell off my wrist and is no more.
on 4 January 2013
This is really a nice retro watch. No big Armani or Guess logos on it- just simple old school watch. And hey! It has a backlight as well ;)

5 stars- worth it :p
on 16 February 2013
Classic retro Casio, had a number of nice watches costing close to £100 and the straps always break/rip/snap. spend £30 on a Hirsch strap and even they give up after 12 months. so thought lets go for a cheap watch, found this, bought it and love it, its small and light wearing it all the time, doesnt catch on anything or cuase any discomfort
on 5 January 2013
Watch does what it says, the thing that surprised me was it's size. A bit smaller than I expected, however feels like a quality, genuine product and is worth the price.
Its simple, stylish and easy to read. Would recommend.
on 3 April 2014
Does everything, one of the few casios that has a count down timer as well as a stopwatch. The alarms can be repeated monthly, daily, etc.

Hairs on your wrist do catch a bit and the clasp has once or twice come undone but you just need to make certain it is done up properly.

Watch looks great.
on 16 August 2013
... it seems to be what I had hoped for. I have had Casio watches in the past, always the same problem with the plastic straps (I think 'resin' sounds too up-market). The stainless strap seems much better. The countdown timer is one of its important features for me. There is in fact a button (the top left one which is not shown in the picture) which resets it - somone said there wasn't. And there are some additional useful features, including an alarm for a specific day, as well as a specific time, which I have not had before.
The watch is a little smaller than the others that I have had, which I also like, as it makes it seem a bit less nerdy. So a timepiece which I can also use as a stopwatch, a countdown timer which I use at least once a day and an alarm clock. Seems like good value to me.