on 13 June 2011
This watch looks good and is ideal for every day use. As a boat owner and fisherman I find the moon phase predictor and Tide graph invaluable and easy to use. This watch also has an internal compass which can be programmed to help you find your way home from any offshore mark in the world! This is my third watch however, as the strap tends to fail when the watch has suffered a 'pull'. The soft plastic pin holders are not quite man enough for the job. So saying, I like it enough to try a third time! A great watch for boaters!!
on 14 January 2013
I bought this watch because I needed a tide indicator and the previous Casio model I had for this purpose broke its resin strap after about 2 years - I should have heeded its reviewers! The metal strap on my new watch seems much more robust but is very long. To get it to fit, I will need to get a link or two removed.
The tide graph is small and difficult to see in anything but bright light. Even the watch's own illuminator doesn't help much. As for the accuracy of the graph, it often appears to be at least one "2 hour bar" out! And yes, I have checked and rechecked my longitude, time zone and lunitidal interval!
The direction indicator is an interesting function, but only works if you can see the sun. However, for roughly two days after I set the watch up, it was 180 degrees out - then all of a sudden it got its act together and swapped round to the correct orientation. And no, it wasn't the nut on the end of the strap that was causing the problem!
I can't comment on the watch's durability as I've only just bought it, but provided it lasts longer than my first one, I think I probably would recommend it to friend.
on 24 October 2014
Good buy. Instructions on shortening strap would have been helpful as comes very long. also fairly heavy with metal strap but looks good and easy to slip on and off. Should last longer than the plastic strap alternative I have had previously.This is almost unique in its range of functions including waterproof depth, alarm,dual time, and backlight that i need. The tide calibration seems very difficult and I have never succeeded particularly as I don't know how to change the location for calibration when I travel.
on 11 August 2016
This must be my fourth or fifth one of these Casio Tide Watches in some 20 years. They have all had a hard life, and the black plastic ones usually suffer from strap failure after a few years in the sun. Well, where else would you sail, given the choice?

Hopefully the metal strap will keep this one going a bit longer. I have two of these black plastic ones that are still going, which is amazing. But if you remove the original plastic strap, you remove the bit that holds the edges of the back cover in place. Not so good to remove it! It is then no longer waterproof...
The tidal and alarm parts of the dial on this one are a little harder to read than the older black plastic ones, but I can still manage it.

Recommended if you need the tide/moon function!
on 2 August 2011
This watch has some good features which are spoiled by poor interface design and lack of proper implementaion.
The compass features measures the sun azimuth depending on your longitude so you wont be using it to find your way out of the jungle at night. Also there is no way to input latitude so it is hopelessly inaccurate exept at noon. Tide functions are similarly hampered. The compass bearing markings on the face are tiny and are interupted by the huge light switch.
The alarm - snooze - hourly time signal features are also spoiled by the even tinier on-off pips above the tide graph. With reading glasses, a powerful magnifying glass and strong desk light at just the right angle I was just able to see if each alarm (5 in all) was on or off, without optical aids - impossible.

The photo image shown above is completely misleading and the moon phase and tide graph are also very difficult to see. They appear behind a black printed screen which casts shadows and makes the display almost invisible.
Elsewhere the watch has all the usual casio features.- Dual time mode, stopwatch, countdown etc. and I didn't find the night light as bad as one reviewer suggests and to be fair its not at all expensive as a standard watch and looks quite good.

If this watch had a simple circular face with larger numbers and an easy to read tide graph and a way to input latitude it would have actually been quite useful. As it is it's obviously designed to look complicated and sexy in the shop window, like so many technical watches, but is not designed for ease of use and utility so I can only give 2 stars. Casio make some good products but need to take their design and implementation a lot more seriously.
on 18 November 2015
I must say that I can't complain as watch was exactly as I thought it would be by looking at the photo but although I found it hard at first to use the extra functions I soon discovered that the extra functions are strictly superficial and the most important thing was telling the time and reliability. I'm not saying that tide and moon data aren't important but I personaly don't live by the sea, I just thought it looked cool for the price and it is.
on 20 January 2016
Watch itself very good, for the price. Complicated and very poor instructions to set up tide graph. Still not sure if tides are correct. Also difficult to see graph as very small and little contrast. It would have been better with bigger and darker graph as very difficult to see especially in sun light. Otherwise nice steel face and strap and keeps good time
on 28 February 2014
Sadly the tide display is not as clear as I would like and is not the main feature of the watch. It is not a clear and easily read feature.

Having bought the watch I have ever since been bombarded almost daily with email ads inviting me to buy any number of watches. I GOT ONE. I DONT WANT OR NEED ANOTHER!

I may block amazon as a result!
on 10 January 2016
in good working order the stop watch is good the alarms work fine and you set the time in 2 different time zones good when you are on holiday and forget to change the time you press a button and you get England time and a different button and you get Spain time as an example
on 16 May 2012
I bought this watch when I started working in public transport. Has a lot of features I will never use, such as high tide and full moon. But it is light, easy to see, the automatic light funtion is particulary good.
overall very satisfied.