on 14 January 2002
Yin provides an essential baseline for the active researcher using the case study method.
If you are involved in researching live projects then this work is invalauble. Yin's background in case studies of political, social and economic projects of the 1980s still proves useful in the 21st century.
It is not often that one comes across methodological works that are so accessible, informative and directive.
This work can also act as a practical fieldwork guide as it methodiccally takes you through each step of the process.
Well written with many poignant examples, it is a book I go back to, again and again, thinking...
"Mmmm...I wonder what Yin said about that!".
on 3 July 2017
I paid for this book 4 days ago but I have no idea how to access the book, haven't got any email or information to explain that. other websites which sell electronic books give access to the book in 24 hours. there is no information whom I should contact in this case. so I a very worry as I need to have immediate access to this book.

Maryam
11 Comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 12 June 2017
In good conditions
on 10 January 2001
Yin points out that the case study is too often seen as a "soft option". In fact it requires a broad range of skills which must be used within a structured approach.
This book takes the reader through the key stages of: deciding if the case study approach is appropriate for your research, how to design a case study, how to collect and analyse evidence, and how to compose a Case Study Report.
Written in a clear style with plenty of examples and exercises, this book guides you through the processes involved. Yin provides a rigorous approach which should help the reader counter criticisms of the case study as a methodology which is often seen as inferior to more "scientific" approaches.
on 23 November 2014
An excellent book on case study. Easy to follow if you are new to the approach and it suits the needs of the professionals too. It went through the definition, the design and method in a very professional manner.
on 8 May 2014
A must-have text for anyone exploring case study research. I don't think that I coukd have completed my dissertation without it!
on 12 March 2016
Recommended to me by supervisor, this book is proving to be a great support to me in planning my doctoral research. I now feel much better informed about case study design, and have gone on to read other texts by Yin.
on 9 May 2014
The book clearly demonstrates the definition and classification and content of case study research, which is really helpful for my study. It's worth buying. Strongly recommended.
on 24 January 2014
Gives a good description of methods in social science. I found the book helpful and provides good explanations of the different methods available
on 6 December 2015
This will be on immense value to anyone wanting to know about case studies