The Case for Christ/The Case for Faith Paperback – 1 Dec 2006
|New from||Used from|
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Award-winning reporter and author Lee Strobel (The Case for Christ) once again uses his investigative skills to address the primary objections to Christianity. As a former atheist, Strobel understands the rational resistance to faith. He even names the eight most convincing arguments against Christian faith:
1) If there's a loving God, why does this pain-wracked world groan under so much suffering and evil?These are mighty tough questions, and Strobel fields them well. Rather than write a weighty dissertation about the merits of faith, he brings us along on his quest as we meet leaders in the US Christian community such as Peter Kreeft and William Lane Craig. We also encounter his everyday friends and acquaintances that serendipitously fill in the holes in each of the eight arguments against faith. The use of dialogue from personal interviews and a scene-by-scene active narrative makes this an easy and engaging read. However, easy does not mean breezy. This is a book of substance and merit--one that will help Christians defend their faith, especially during the hardest of times, when they have to defend their faith to themselves in moments of doubt. --Gail Hudson --This text refers to an alternate Paperback edition.
2) If the miracles of God contradict science, then how can any rational person believe that they're true?
3) If God is morally pure, how can he sanction the slaughter of innocent children as the Old Testament says he did?
4) If God cares about the people he created, how could he consign so many of them to an eternity of torture in hell just because they didn't believe the right things about him?
5) If Jesus is the only way to heaven, then what about the millions of people who have never heard of him?
6) If God really created the universe, why does the persuasive evidence of science compel so many to conclude that the unguided process of evolution accounts for life?
7) If God is the ultimate overseer of the church, why has it been rife with hypocrisy and brutality throughout the ages?
8) If I'm still plagued by doubts, then is it still possible to be a Christian?
From the Back Cover
A seasoned journalist chases down the leads in the biggest news story in history --This text refers to an out of print or unavailable edition of this title.See all Product Description
Top Customer Reviews
I found that the way these scholars answer the questions that Mr Strobel poses, deconstructs the arguments against God cleanly and rationally.
The chapter in the Case for Faith about Creationism versus the theory of evolution blew my mind... Even simplified, my brain did start to let off some smoke as it gently fried with the information trying to find room in there, but it was absolutely fascinating reading what atheists and evolutionists believe and what a man of straw these beliefs are. Science is not my strong point, but I genuinely believed that the science behind evolution was far more robust... Until the tiny sparks from the Christian scientist that Mr Strobel spoke to set light to the straw man and it burnt to the ground in seconds as it was not just made of straw but was also hollow!
Mr Strobel's encouragement for those who are spiritually searching to read what atheists believe (as he obviously did), but also to read what Christians believe and why, with an open mind to both sides, shows how incredible the evidence is for God and Christ.
Loved it... Will be re-reading... And will be getting the students edition for Sunday school for the teenagers to do too!