Format: Hardcover|Change

on 25 December 2011
My little 5 year old is mad for all sort of transports. I bought this car book as a Chistmas present form Santa and put it in his stocking. It is a great hit. I had read it twice to him already today - Christmas Day. It is the best CAR book we have. The design details are incredible. All the flaps work together and tell a good story in a clear and easy to understand manner. My son loves it so much that he put it under his teddy bear in his bed so he can look at it tomorrow morning when he gets up. Wonderful gift for little boys. Horray!
on 22 May 2011
As with all the Usborne flip flap books, this one is great for a little boy. My 4 y.o. son is fascinated with the graphics and the actual concept of the book (he loves opening up the flaps to discover what's underneath). Also, he seems to enjoy "reading" on his own and I suppose he makes his own story about what he sees, only asking occasional questions. It stimulates the mind and curiosity and it's quite informative, presenting all sort of things in a way that even young minds can grasp. The book is logically structured. It begins at the car factory where we are shown the production line, we go through how cars actually work, the garage, the speed racers, the first cars and we end at the scrap yard. One thing I noticed is that I couldn't actually "read" to my son, as the information doesn't flow, so I ended up "presenting" each chapter, which made him happy.
on 4 December 2011
amazing book for a boy. my son (2.4) spends a lot of time looking at the pictures. some flaps are already showing signs of wear, but obviously he is small so cannot be always careful and he uses the book a lot. another great book from the same series is about airport. he likes it even more.
on 3 November 2010
more or less all boys are mad about cars....this is a great book to learn everything about different vehicles...even I have learned a lot about them!definitely recommend it!
on 11 November 2010
This book is really great, have bought it for my 3 year old for Christmas and it is really detailed with loads of those all important lift-the-flaps!
on 5 October 2011
Enduring favourite of my 3 year old twins (both boy and girl). This and the 'airport' book have fantastic illustrations and so much to talk about under the flaps - lots of surprises and much better than some of the other books in the series.
on 1 February 2011
Just accidently saw this book and ordered it for my 3 years old son who is crazy about CARS! This is a very well structure and educational book. We enjoy reading it everynite...!
on 22 November 2015
Bought this for my son and it's his absolute favourite book.