- Buy two titles for £25 from the qualifying selection when dispatched from and sold by Amazon. Here's how (terms and conditions apply)
- Enjoy £1.00 credit to spend on movies or TV on Amazon Video when you purchase a DVD or Blu-ray offered by Amazon.co.uk. A maximum of 1 credit per customer applies. UK customers only. Offer ends at 23:59 GMT on Wednesday, November 30, 2016 Here's how (terms and conditions apply)
- Note: Blu-ray discs are in a high definition format and need to be played on a Blu-ray player.
- Important Information on Firmware Updates: Having trouble with your Blu-ray disc player? Will certain discs just not play? You may need to update the firmware inside your player. Click here to learn more.
Carry On Cleo  [Blu-ray] 
Get £1 Off Amazon Video*
|Price:||£14.00 & FREE Delivery in the UK on orders over £20. Details|
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
Special Offers and Product Promotions
Frequently Bought Together
Kenneth Williams’ Julius Caesar is having a bad day in the funniest toga party of all time - a historical and hysterical take on the life and loves of the Queen of the Nile. Follow the amorous adventures of Sidney James’ Mark Anthony as he clinches with the gorgeous Amanda Barrie’s sultry Cleopatra, in by far the most lavish looking of all the Carry On films. With a brilliant Carry On cast, including Jim Dale, Jon Pertwee, Charles Hawtrey, Joan Sims and Kenneth Connor as Hengist Pod, inventor of the square wheel!
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Top Customer Reviews
And now, 50 years after release, we have the film in glorious HD on Blu-ray. So how does it look? In one word - fantastic. Compared to the previous SD Studio Canal DVD release this is a HUGE upgrade. The picture is exceptionally sharp and very clean. The colour is also much better than the DVD release, being washed out and over dark on the previous version. There is a fine grain evident throughout, as there should be for a film of this era, and it is presented in the correct ratio of 1.66:1. Barring a full negative restoration (which is sadly likely to never happen) this is the finest this film will probably ever look.
The special features were all previously on the DVD. You get the original trailer, stills gallery and an audio commentary from Amanda Barrie (Cleo) and Julie Stevens (Gloria) moderated by Robert Ross (Carry On expert). The commentary is a wonderful affair, with both actresses giving many insightful tales. The DVD also had some trivia info which is not on the Blu-ray, but it is no great loss (I would guide people to the Carry On Companion by Robert Ross for the full story behind all the Carry on films).
The packaging is a bit poor, with the cover picture appearing a bit blurred, and the running time stated as 95mins, despite actually being 92mins, but these are minor quibbles on an otherwise superb release.
Poor old Caesar (Williams), he isn't having much luck these days, the British weather doesn't agree with him, he has a cold!, and worst of all, his general Mark Anthony (Sid James) has fallen for the charms of the loveable, beautiful Cleopatra (Amanda Barrie), and the pair begin plotting together to overthrow him.
What a treat this is from beginning to end, Kenneth Williams excels in his role, the choice of 'Cleo' couldn't have been better, and even the irregular 'Carry On' performers like Warren Mitchell, Sheila Hancock and Jon Pertwee really do shine as their characters. The script is one of the best, the visuals are stunning (thanks to the inspiration which came from a certain other film about Cleopatra), and the whole production flows like a river. Like all of the movies, it's pure nonsense for sure, but the best period piece ever made from the 'Carry On' team, which also includes Charles Hawtrey, Joan Sims (as Caesar's wife) and Jim Dale in the cast.
As with all the 'red' DVD releases of the 'Carry On' films, aside from 'scene selections', there are no special features at all. Psst, 'Cleo' has recently been released on Blu-ray: Carry On Cleo  [Blu-ray] 
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Like Screaming,Cleo uses many of the sets from the very film it parodies.Brilliantly written and Way above Carry On's usual fare.Published 11 months ago by Mrs. D. Moncrieff