Carr and Latham's Technology of Clothing Manufacture Paperback – 30 May 2008
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Enter your mobile number below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
Getting the download link through email is temporarily not available. Please check back later.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
From the Back Cover
The processes of modern clothing manufacture are explained here, alongside the equipment used. Latest developments are described as well as established methods. Manual, mechanised and automated processes are explained and their comparative advantages for certain purposes are considered as well as the applications of computer control and robotics.
The Fourth Edition has been updated throughout to reflect advances in technology and a new chapter is now devoted to colour management and colour technology (including a colour section for the first time). There is a new chapter on trouble–shooting in the sewing room, giving practical solutions to common problems. Other significant additions are alternative methods of joining materials (ultrasonics, RF welding and moulding) and new developments in the traditional areas of garment and machinery technology.
Students in clothing and fashion as well as garment technologists in the clothing industry will find this an invaluable resource in their increasingly complex role.
About the Author
David J Tyler graduated in physics from Southampton University and started working for an industrial research association serving the textiles and clothing industry. Afterwards he moved into industry as a technologist and later became a manager. He is currently Reader in Apparel Systems and Technologies in the Department of Clothing Design and Technology at Manchester Metropolitan University.
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Art, Architecture & Photography > Design Studies > Fashion
- Books > Art, Architecture & Photography > Design Studies > Industrial Design
- Books > Art, Architecture & Photography > Design Studies > Textiles
- Books > Art, Architecture & Photography > Fashion Design
- Books > Art, Architecture & Photography > Graphic Arts
- Books > Business, Finance & Law
- Books > Home & Garden > Crafts
- Books > Science & Nature > Engineering & Technology > Production, Manufacturing & Operational > Materials & Industries
- Books > Scientific, Technical & Medical > Engineering > Industrial Chemistry & Manufacturing Technologies