on 29 September 2016
Just brilliant series - wacky, mad, unpredictable and surprising, but also often poignant and heartwarming too. I recommended it to a medical student when I went for a hospital appointment the other day and the consultant said it is the best sitcom ever made about hospitals. My teenage daughter loves it, though there are some scenes in there that not all parents would want 13 year olds to see (though hopefully some of the references go over their heads!) A lot of the cast were less famous when this was made but almost all now turn up constantly in other excellent programmes, and my daughter was pleased to recognise a lot of her favourites in there - Gordon Brittas's wife, for example, from the Brittas Empire! (We're into nostalgic viewing of classic comedies in this house!) Great value too, and a nice extras package.
TOP 500 REVIEWERon 28 March 2016
Ha ha ha! I'm still laughing ... this is a great TV series.

An ensemble piece, full of amazing - and ridiculous - comedy. When it came out, back in 2006, I was rolling around in laughter.

I still remember it fondly, and occasionally re-visit the series. I'm glad to have it in my DVD collection.

If you've not seen it, you're missing out.
on 2 July 2017
Fabulous first and second series but the special was way over the top. Could have done without that but another series, perhaps?
on 30 April 2017
Very happy with this DVD and the series as a whole.
on 14 May 2015
belly laugh out loud funny
on 20 March 2017
Quite possibly my all-time favourite comedy show.
on 12 May 2017
funny funny funny , please watch
on 14 November 2016
Nice to have the complete series, but there's a failure in the index on the first DVD. The third episode can't be played.
Even a program like DVDFab can't see the third episode, while it's still on the disk.
Shame, happened to me with the Black Book DVD-set also.

It's time people spent some more attention to the final product.
on 24 July 2006
I missed Green Wing on TV the first time, and ended up late one night watching it repeated as I couldn't sleep.

I have not laughed so hard for a long time - the fast-fast-slow editing is now a trademark for the production, and having seen this more times on DVD than is probably advisable, I need Series 2 sharpish.

Any programme that makes a sentence like 'you will never feel my super vagina again' funny deserves a medal.
on 21 January 2017
I'm giving it a 5 star rating, due to the sheer brilliance of the first series. The second, however, not so much, although it is still very enjoyable.

I love the pacing, direction and editing of the show. The script/dialogue is very sharp and clever and the acting is top notch. Notable characters are Alan Statham (Mark Heap) and Sue White (Michelle Gomez), but there isn't a weak actor in the line up. How any of them kept a straight face in some scenes I will never know; I'd love to see a gag reel!

The entire first series and half of series 2 are great, but then it seems to start to progressively run out of steam towards the end, going from sheer out and out surrealism into more soap-opera and sit-com territory - almost as if the writers had to compromise, possibly due to some head-honchos breathing down their necks for more audience-friendly material...!?! Who can tell.

Nevertheless it's still very watchable, although personally, I think it works best in the hospital environment and lost a lot of its fire when the action was drawn away from that setting - especially in the final special episode. It just felt to me that some plot lines were finished up in a very lacklustre, almost offhand way: like the writers had lost interest, or were just plain knackered with trying to sustain the level of brilliance in the writing over the course of the 2 seasons.

That being said, even at its worst, it's still head and shoulders over a lot of 'comedy' that is being produced today. Highly recommended...especially for that scene with Dr. Statham and his consort!! ;-)