Similar authors to follow
Manage your follows
About Caroline Deacon
Customers Also Bought Items By
This book will show you how to soothe your baby and solve any problems you may come across with sleeping, feeding, crying and colic. Drawing on her experience as a mother and advisor to the NCT, Caroline Deacon has devised a simple but effective 3-step plan to help parents understand and care for their baby’s needs without neglecting their own.
Summary of contents
• The three basic universal needs of both parent and child are comfort, sleep and food. Caroline Deacon works with these three needs to bring you her three-step plan.
• Written in five parts, the first three explain and address the needs of:
1) newborns 2) from six weeks 3) from six months 4) from the toddler years. The fifth part focuses on colic and babies who cry a lot, giving parents clear guidance and practical solutions.
• Includes other parents' shared experiences, providing empathy as well as practical advice.
Teach Yourself - the world`s leading learning brand - is relaunched in 2010 as a multi-platform experience that will keep you motivated to achieve your goals. Let our expert author guide you through this brand new edition, with personal insights, tips, energising self-tests and summaries throughout the book. Go online at www.teachyourself.com for tests, extension articles and a vibrant community of like-minded learners. And if you don`t have much time, don`t worry - every book gives you 1, 5 and 10-minute bites of learning to get you started.
- Gives you a unique insight into your toddler 's world
- Lots of activities to do together, with checklists and development summaries
- Helps you maximise your toddler's progress through play and communication
Boost Your Toddler's Development will provide a unique combination of advice, practical exercises and background information to help your toddler get a head start in life. It will help you understand what your child is thinking, feeling and saying and gives you plenty of information on the important milestones, with checklists for development and practical suggestions for things to do together and ways to help your child get ahead now.
Want to give your child a head start? Boost Your Baby's Development is a unique combination of advice, practical exercises and insight into your baby's world. Check your baby's progress against the key milestones in the book and find out what to expect at every stage - and how you can make sure your baby has every chance to succeed in life.
NOT GOT MUCH TIME?
One, five and ten-minute introductions to key principles to get you started.
Lots of instant help with common problems and quick tips for success, based on the author's many years of experience.
Tests in the book and online to keep track of your progress.
EXTEND YOUR KNOWLEDGE
Extra online articles at www.teachyourself.com to give you a richer understanding of your baby's development.
FIVE THINGS TO REMEMBER
Quick refreshers to help you remember the key facts.
Innovative exercises illustrate what you've learnt and how to use it.