on 16 February 2010
I followed this diet for three weeks this year and I lost a stone and have managed to keep it off. It's not easy, in that you cut out wheat, caffeine, booze etc., but it's so GOOD for you that you feel amazing - it's more of a lifestyle change than a diet.

I have adopted many of the principles into my everyday life now - I eat many more beans, pulses etc. and no refined carbs.

I've tried loads of diet books and would say this one is by far one of the best.
on 25 May 2006
I like detoxifying myself twice a year. I usually do that in May and November. It is rejuvenating and invigorating. Carol Vorderman's Summer Detox was my guide this time. I started to feel better in the second day. I also do daily "Spring Revolution Yoga Exercises" which go very well with this program. I have always enjoyed fruit and vegetables so it is not a big problem for me to do the detox. I find that Carol Vorderman's Summer Detox works best when you combine it with liver cleansing program as presented in "Can We Live 150" by M. Tombak - another great book for healthy lifestyle
on 25 April 2013
I purchased this book along with others by Carol Vorderman and found it as good as the others. The concept has been explained well and the recipes easy to follow. I would recommend this book.
on 8 June 2015
So easy to stick to because the recipes are both filling and very tasty. I hardly knew I was doing a detox. We've even added some of the recipes to
our regular meals.
on 9 July 2013
highly recommended for the people who want to change their health for the better. learnt a lot from this, thanks.
on 7 April 2014
I did this diet years ago when the book first came out. I actually put on weight so I abandoned it. I tried again recently as I am trying to live by vegan principles. I have only done it for a week so far. In that week I lost two pounds in the first two days but then gained them back over the next two. So I have lost no weight so far. I followed the meal plans religiously. It is irritating that the amounts are for four people so you have to keep adjusting. I don't think many people will be making meals for four as children and husbands won't want them. When I punched the meals into My Fitness Pal I found out that the diet wasn't balanced. I was way over on sugar because of all the fruit and over on fat and carbs. The protein content is too low. I enjoyed eating the meals and there was variety. I also had more energy. My skin and nails are about the same. For the second week I am going to cut down the fruit, olive oil and carbs and see what happens.
on 19 October 2013
Have the original book, but lost it, a good reminder of what to eat etc. well worth doing this, it worked for me
on 7 September 2012
The book is very old fashioned by todays detox book standards that are around and was quite a disapointment
It also arrived with pages stuck together and the cover was dirty and sticky
on 8 January 2015
Ok
on 22 May 2006
my mate tryed it and in fact put on more weight! do not buy!!!!!!!!!!!!! its absoleutly pothetic