on 21 July 2009
Bought this as a replacement for an old and well used friend that had seen better days! All instructions given are detailed and step by step. Very easy to produce results just like the photos! Kids especially liked the chocolate cookie monster and making their own version! This is the book that I turn to first when a birthday approaches!
on 23 November 2016
Pleased everything that we looking for, good value
on 31 July 2015
Fantastic book
on 12 November 2015
Great book to add to my collection
on 24 January 2013
having made birthday cakes for many years saw this book and thought i would give it a go . not dissapointed full of ideas thank you .
on 1 July 2013
I have made the desk cake and the instructions were wonderful. So easy. I will get a lot of use from this book
on 5 April 2009
Party Cakes
I found this book a Delight to use.
Its full of Ideas and picture's.
I fully recomend it.

Marilyn Jones
on 11 June 2012
Great book, especially for a novice. I attempted my very first sugar craft cake for my grandson and the book made a very complex looking cake really easy. My family think I am a genius ....it gave me confidence to try other cakes and now I'm unstoppable!! Thoroughly recommend this.
on 9 March 2009
I got this book just after my son was born and was far too intimidated by it to give it a go. It sat on a shelf for years until I had an attack of bravery and tried the Sketchbook cake. It wasn't absolutely perfect but I was more than impressed by the result. Since then I have well and truly got the bug and have lots more books on Cake Decorating but this one remains a firm favourite, mostly for its simplicity. Although some of the designs look quite complicated and can be a bit fiddly, they are generally much easier than those in other books. Most use only shaped sugarpaste and don't need special equipment or use complicated techniques or piping (no piping is a very definite bonus for me!). Where she does use special equipment, she gives alternative methods using more common items. While they can be quite hard work, the results are always worth the effort and it does get easier with practice.

Overall, this book is a great place to start if you just want to dive straight in without having to spend a lot of money on tools and have the time and patience to work at it!
review image
5 people found this helpful
on 21 April 2010
I took one look at the cakes in this book and realised that this was not the book to refer to for your first attempt at decorating a cake. I was hoping to find something easy that would build my confidence, but no such luck.

It did contain some helpful information about the basic requirements and some templates which is a useful feature.