- Also check our best rated Travel Book reviews
Carnival: Culture in Action - The Trinidad Experience (Worlds of Performance) Paperback – 12 May 2004
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
If you are a seller for this product, would you like to suggest updates through seller support?
About the Author
Milla Cozart Riggio is the James J.Goodwin Professor of English at Trinity College, Hartford, Connecticut. Her publications and research interests focus on Carnival, medieval drama and Shakespeare and her essays and reviews have appeared in a variety of journals, including The Shakespeare Quarterly and TDR. She is the editor of The Wisdom Symposium, Ta'ziyeh: Ritual and Drama in Iran and Teaching Shakespeare Through Performance. She has also worked as a consultant to the National Carnival Commission of Trinidad and Tobago and in 1999 held a government-appointed post on the World Conference on Carnival organising committee in Trinidad.
Top Customer Reviews
If you want a detailed examination of Trinidadian Carnival, and its influence on West Indian based carnivals in Notting Hill and elsewhere, this is an excellent book. A number of authors have been included so that interpretations can be compared rather than taken verbatim. Once again, Minshall's chapter is particularly important as he is one of the major influences on modern walking costume design. Unfortunately the illustrations in his chapter do not show this as effectively as one might want, but that is a small criticism of an otherwise excellent research book.
Look for similar items by category
- Books > History > Americas > Caribbean & West Indies > Trinidad & Tobago
- Books > Music, Stage & Screen > Performing Arts
- Books > Poetry, Drama & Criticism > Drama
- Books > Society, Politics & Philosophy > Social Sciences > Anthropology > Customs & Folklore > Customs
- Books > Society, Politics & Philosophy > Social Sciences > Anthropology > Customs & Folklore > Folklore
- Books > Society, Politics & Philosophy > Social Sciences > Anthropology > Ethnography & Ethnology
- Books > Society, Politics & Philosophy > Social Sciences > Anthropology > Festivals & Celebrations
- Books > Society, Politics & Philosophy > Social Sciences > Anthropology > Social & Cultural
- Books > Society, Politics & Philosophy > Social Sciences > Sociology
- Books > Travel & Holiday > Countries & Regions > Caribbean > Barbados, Trinidad & Tobago