on 14 September 2016
Well; I hate to buck the trend here, but I didn't get along with this product one bit. They sure look the part; nicely presented in a plastic case, each stamped with the maker's logo and reed strength; but - my goodness - they sounded awful. The result was so `reedy' that my sax didn't really sound like a sax at all; more like some sort of plastic toy. No depth and mellowness, and there was no constancy of tone. Almost anything could happen when you blew. And I tried every one of them. Certainly no match for the Ricos. They do actually feel slightly thinner - though I've no micrometer so can't be sure.

I'm at a loss on this one. Other posters seem pretty bullish, and I'm apt to wonder whether or not after so many months of puffing and blowing, my pulmonary prowess has now simply overwhelmed them and I need a stronger reed. Dunno, really; but they're heading for the bin; and it's back to Ricos for me.

No recommendo.
on 14 December 2011
We bought these reeds because of the rate our son was going through reeds, thinking "they may be cheaper, but there are more of them so we should still get value for our money"!
To be honest, we've been really pleased, they last just as long as dearer alternatives and work just as well - thank you for saving us money :-)
on 29 January 2011
The product itself does exactly what it says on the tin, and for this price I wouldnt miss it. The factor that really impressed me however was the costumer service. I ordered this product, which was 10 reeds in a pack. I recieved 15 individual reeds with a written note explaining how they had ran out of packs, and as compensation had given me 5 extra individual reeds. This was incredably thoughtful, as the only difference between a pack of 10 and individual 10 is one has packaging and the other doesnt, and they were all going into my draw anyway. I would definatly recommend this supplier :)
on 4 July 2012
These are a good price and are much easier to blow than more expensive ones. I am gradually working up to a Rico, which is much tougher. They make encouraging practice sessions as any note is better than no note and you can concentrate on holding the sax, getting used to the feel of it and learning fingerings. However, as I have started playing along to CDs, I found the tuning awful - could be at least 4 tones out. I know a good sax player can play with any reed but if you find that you can't tune in with these reeds, try a tougher, higher quality one and see if it makes a difference. Otherwise very pleased with purchase.
on 26 August 2011
I usually take a size 3, but I was looking for some reeds that would enable me to play at a lower volume for the evenings.
The reeds in this page are perfect for this purpose. They require hardly any effort to blow, making them ideal for beginners, children, or people who need a lower volume.
The quality isn't as good as my usual brand, but these reeds are priced accordingly.
In short, these are cheap reeds, but value for money is hard to argue with.

Personally, I will most definiely be ordering some more when the time comes, and from the same seller as-well.

A bargain if ever there was one.
on 30 July 2011
Excellent value for money. They certainly seemed to be cheaper than all other places I'd looked at. My 9 year old thinks these reeds make him play better! Speedy delivery. I will definitely buy from Carmichaels again.
on 1 November 2012
Bought these reeds for my dad who has just started to learn how to play the Sax, and he is very happy with them. They are of a lower quality than the ones he received with the instrument, but so far seem to be just as durable and easy to play with, they do not require a firm grip nor a loose one, which is perfect for helping beginners learn how to play.

Great product and value for money as you get 10 reeds per pack.
on 17 December 2013
I am a student at Uni so cant afford really expensive reeds - I am not a music student. My Sax is my hobby.

These ones adhered to my budget and I brought 2 packs.

They seem to last long enough for me as a beginner player. I don't know if they would be concert standard, as I am far from that level.

I have gone through three reeds since buying them, and they allow me to practice for hours at a time - giving consistent tone, playability and most of all enjoyment.

And they seem great if your on a budget - the right price for a beginner or for some one who is just starting out and wanting to play a lot without the expense of bigger more well known brands. I have nothing against these reeds and will definitely be ordering again of them when I get low on reeds.

The seller was fast and easy to deal with and they were here in a few days.
on 16 December 2013
These have been handed on to some beginner saxophonists because for a competent blower they are too flimsy and the tone or pitch is not accurate enough. Good for beginners though, because they are easier to get a note out of which is encouraging when getting any note out of a saxophone is a challenge!
on 3 August 2012
I decided to start playing my saxophone after 20 years and I needed some reeds so I bought these. They are fine if you're just starting to learn and I found them ok for a few weeks, but I ended up buying a box of Rico Select Jazz which I've had for a week and are much much better.