Care: Personal lives and social policy (Personal Lives and Social Policy Series) Paperback – 1 Apr 2004
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Would you like to tell us about a lower price?
If you are a seller for this product, would you like to suggest updates through seller support?
This book is essential reading for all who want to improve their understanding of the complexities of care and caring in the context of the professional and personal lives of those involved in the process. Hilary Land, School for Policy Studies, University of Bristol
... a functional textbook for students, and others, who want a basic grounding in this subject. Health Matters
... will help students and practitioners develop a nuanced understanding of the meaning and morality of care, and the way in which this is implicated in the construction of personal identities and social relationships. Marian Barnes, Institute of Applied Social Studies, University of Birmingham
About the Author
Dr Janet Fink is Lecturer in Social Policy at The Open University. Her research interests focus on the way in which family-oriented policies and legislative reforms shaped and were shaped by popular culture, throughout the 20th century.
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Health, Family & Lifestyle > Medical & Healthcare Practitioners
- Books > Society, Politics & Philosophy > Government & Politics
- Books > Society, Politics & Philosophy > Social Sciences > Anthropology
- Books > Society, Politics & Philosophy > Social Sciences > Social Issues > Social Welfare & Services
- Books > Society, Politics & Philosophy > Social Sciences > Sociology