- Format: Kindle Edition
- File Size: 270 KB
- Print Length: 95 pages
- Simultaneous Device Usage: Unlimited
- Publisher: Just Joshin (24 Jan. 2012)
- Sold by: Amazon Media EU S.à r.l.
- Language: English
- ASIN: B0071FNXWY
- Text-to-Speech: Enabled
- Word Wise: Enabled
- Average Customer Review: 1 customer review
- Amazon Bestsellers Rank: #57,249 Paid in Kindle Store (See Top 100 Paid in Kindle Store)
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Cards on the Table Kindle Edition
|New from||Used from|
Customers who bought this item also bought
Would you like to tell us about a lower price?
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Top Customer Reviews
Most Helpful Customer Reviews on Amazon.com (beta) (May include reviews from Early Reviewer Rewards Program)
We meet Tim, who's an author writing about a Hollywood star's 50 year old murder mystery. It's clear that someone, somewhere, isn't too keen on Tim completing his story. But while we're engrossed in the mystery of who killed the starlet, and the more recent mystery of who wants to shut Tim up, we're also trying to figure out what issue plagues Tim. It's clear that there's chemistry between Det. Jack and Tim, so why aren't they getting their 'love' on.
Well, I won't spoil it for you, but I do have to say that once we're told, it made me question how I would have reacted to being faced with such a situation. Both Tim and Jack were likable characters, and I have a thing with all of Lanyon's 'flawed' characters (ie. Adrien English), so I was Team Tim from the get-go. This is an entertaining, short read.
I loved the Black Dahlia-esque story, with it's many characters, all vying for their closeup. The real story for me was Tim and Jack's relationship, their past mistakes and their current problems involving Tim's health problems. It does help that Tim seems to be a magnet for trouble, driving Jack to desperation.
Another well crafted story, with some sublime characters. The old Hollywood feel was done with great panache. Tim and Jack really got under my skin. I'd love to see them revisited one day.
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Crime, Thrillers & Mystery > Mystery
- Books > Fiction > Gay & Lesbian > Gay
- Books > Gay & Lesbian > Literature > Fiction > Gay
- Books > Romance > Gay Romance
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Crime, Thriller & Mystery > Mystery > Gay & Lesbian
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Literature & Fiction > Genre Fiction > Gay & Lesbian > Gay