Carbon Counter (Collins Gem) Paperback – 3 Jan 2007
|New from||Used from|
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
'...your portable instant green checklist.'
-- The Green Parent, June/July 2007
About the Author
Mark Lynas is an activist, journalist and traveller. He was editor of the website www.oneworld.net and has made many appearances in the press and TV as a commentator on environmental issues. He is the author of High Tide and Six Degrees.
Top customer reviews
Most helpful customer reviews on Amazon.com
There are sections to the book - the first discussing and explaining the greenhouse effect, and questioning if global warming could be a hoax. The second looks at our individual carbon footprint, with heating, electricity, gas usage, transport, food and the workplace.
The third section looks at sustainability, about generating your own energy and painting alternative futures based on the decisions we make today.
It's a well written and thoughtful book with lots of practical advice. Having read through it when I first bought the book, I have turned to it on several occasions as a reference book and have recently just read it from cover to cover for a second time.
An American edition of this book would be an improvement, which is why I have only given this book four stars rather than five, but I would recommend this book as a first starting point for anyone wishing to understand climate change and find practical ways of reducing their environmental impact.
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Reference > Encyclopaedias
- Books > Science & Nature > Earth Sciences & Geography > Education > Higher Education
- Books > Science & Nature > Earth Sciences & Geography > Geography > Reference
- Books > Science & Nature > Earth Sciences & Geography > Meteorology
- Books > Science & Nature > Earth Sciences & Geography > Reference
- Books > Science & Nature > Environment & Ecology > Conservation
- Books > Science & Nature > Environment & Ecology > Global Warming
- Books > Science & Nature > Environment & Ecology > Pollution
- Books > Science & Nature > Nature > Reference
- Books > Scientific, Technical & Medical > Environment
- Books > Society, Politics & Philosophy > Social Sciences > Social Issues > Social Welfare & Services