Customer reviews

TOP 1000 REVIEWERon 13 January 2016
Captured is the third book in the Serenity series. Even though it is the third, I actually think the author gives the reader enough background so that if you haven't had the pleasure of reading the other two books in the series, don't worry as you will be easily able to keep up with the story and not feel like your missing out on anything.

Two years have passed since the ending of book two. Serenity is just a shadow of her former self and Sebastian is starting to almost believe he might never get her back. Luckily after Elizabeth has another vision they manage to locate Serenity and save her from the evil Jackson.

Serenity has totally lost her memory from her time spent with Jackson and even though she is back in a safe and loving environment she seems to be getting worse. You can tell the frustration that Sebastian is feeling, the fact he has his beloved Serenity back yet she still seems as distant as she did when she was missing. The love between both characters is very intense and they will obviously go to any lengths for each other. The only problem is for Serenity to have her memory returned, Sebastian basically strikes a deal with the devil, or as good as, and what should be a happy return home for Sebastian, Serenity and their daughter Elizabeth ends up being Sebastian's and Serenity's worst nightmare.

Captured is such a tense read and gripping read. Sebastian, Serenity and Elizabeth are great characters and their loving family unit is one that any reader will find a place in their heart for. Can't wait to see what the author has in store for them in the next book.
on 10 January 2016
I liked that this book takes the series further, pushing the boundaries of the supernatural world further and giving us a wider view. Elizabeth is a great character and pivotal in this book. Things happen to and because of her, and her unusual gifts. Again this books uses the family as the focus exploring and developing their relationships and how they yet again have to make difficult choices and fight for what they want.
I was sad that James and his family weren't in this one really but liked the introduction of Bridget, a woman with secrets of her own.
This wasn't as good as the first two books although it was certainly very readable and I did enjoy it. It has been set up for further books in the series to be developed and I will be reading them because I like this author's style and imagination but it feels a bit as though the momentum of the first two books has dropped off a bit. Nonetheless definitely a 4 star read.
on 14 August 2013
This is a great a great book, keeps you engrossed till the last page. I honestly couldn't put it down till the last page.
on 22 January 2013
Captured......the serenity series book 3.
Well what can I say another exciting book of the serenity series
I couldn't wait to read this book because the previous 2 was fabulous.
This didn't disappoint.
It returns 2 yrs later from when Jackson took serenity. Sebastian and Elizabeth have never given up looking for her.
Once they finally track her down it appears that serenity has forgotten her family and doesn't know who they are so Sebastian takes her to a old friend of his(a ancient vampire) to see if he could help him.
From there though things things take a drastic nose dive filled with great twists and turns.
Will serenity and Sebastian finally get that happy ever after?...we'll see...
There is however a 4th book to read.. going to purchase as soon as stop writing this review. Haha
Would recommend the serenity series.............
on 2 May 2016
This is book 3 in The Serenity series, this story starts 2 years after book 2 ended.

Sebastian and Elizabeth finally have Serenity home and are looking forward to getting back to normal to spending the rest of their lives as a happy family. But after 2 years thinking he may never see Serenity again, Sebastian is struggling with the new Serenity that has returned to them.
There are some new characters to get to know, and the story just keeps you hooked and wanting more and result there will be! I don’t want to give too much more away so I will leave you to read it for yourself.

Another great book in this series, I cannot wait for book 4 to see what the future has in store for Serenity and her family.

Thank you Marissa for bringing us The Serenity Series.
on 18 August 2012
This is the third book in the Serenity series and is just as gripping with lots of twists as the first 2 which kept me hooked. definatly a must read for all vampire fans, especially if you enjoy a good storyline which isn't just focused on romance and sex!
on 27 March 2012
I cannot recommend this book enough, it keeps you on the edge of your seat with twists and turns. Absolutely brilliant.
I'm sorry, but I'm not about to give anything away, you will just have to buy the series! :)
on 30 March 2012
Absolutely brilliant, the twists kept me glued. An absolute must to anyone, make sure you read the 1st two in the series i
1st. Well written, great characters. Hope there will be more.
on 30 June 2014
What a fantastic author Marissa Farrar is and I truely have enjoyed this series so so much, I just came across it and thought I would give it a go, great plot, great storyline, really different and not at all too deep or too flaky, just a good story told brilliantly, has had me totally captivated thank you so much.
on 17 October 2012
I so didn't want to finish this book with the anticipation of waiting for the next but finish it I did and all too quickly, I couldn't put it down! Serenity is an amazing character and her life pulls you into her world, wanting that hero to come save you too~if you needed saving! A must have read!