Customer reviews

Format: Paperback|Change
Price:ยฃ5.99+ Free shipping with Amazon Prime

on 14 April 2017
Bought for my grandson and he loves it.
on 29 May 2017
It was super cool and epic # best book ever I highly recommended it I would pay ยฃ 10000000 for it
on 27 January 2013
My son is very pleased with this book and read it in one sitting. I myself haven't read the book, however my 10-year-old give it a massive thumbs up.
Another in the children's (and many adults) favourite series of Captain Underpants highly amusing adventures in which `wedgie power' is used to overcome a veritable phalanx of comical super villains with the help of a motley and constantly changing cast of unlikely super heroes.

And why do kids absolutely love these books beyond most others? `Simple' as that annoying tv advert meerkat says repeatedly, because the jocularity is very basic majoring on `fart' humour, irreverent, fast moving, and one whole lot of fun.....just about everything that most kids lap up. Little wonder that killjoy groups such as The American Library Association features The Captain Underpants books very high up in their lists of books needed to be banned......goodness me we can't be having children actually reading books, and enjoying the experience - its better for them to continue watching television and computer screens and not read at all! Instead of castigating and poo-pooing (if you excuse the expression) the Captain and his knockabout friends and foes, plaudits by the bucket full should be showered over this series of books.

In this roller-coaster of mirth, the valiant Captain Underpants does his best to thwart the evil intent of his nemesis Tippy Tinkletrousers, and save the Super-heroes George and Harold from eternal damnation as evil zombie nerds roaming a devastated planet forever.

Does he succeed? Read it and chuckle your way through to the Captain's triumph of good over evil.....why, of course he does!
on 16 August 2013
And when I was reading it to him I even got a few giggles out of it, great story and humour added.
on 23 April 2014
My son is a huge Captain Underpants fan and he has thoroughly enjoyed this latest instalment of the Captains adventures. The way the book is written is a cross between straight story and comic strip so it is a great way to get children reading and they don't get overwhelmed with lots of text. The pictures are great and the story bounces along at a great pace as do they all.
I can't recommend these books enough as a great way to get youngsters reading!
on 23 March 2013
We love Captain Underpants in this house. I laugh nearly as much as my 11 year old, and we have been enjoying all of Dav Pilkey's oeuvre for some years. It's hilarious (although perhaps not even the funniest of the CU books), entertaining, and physics-mangling in it's treatment of the space-time continuum. Fab. If you are new to these, start at the beginning in the series.
on 4 April 2016
I love you so much better than the original version of the year and a half hour and I'm still not working for the need for the rest of the day before the few months ago I had to be in my life and death in the morning is going to the next few weeks ago I have the best of luck a little bit more of a sudden it was a good day to day I will never
on 19 August 2014
I've always loved the Captain Underpants saga and when I had the idea of buying the 2 next books in my kindle, I couldn't believe that I didn't before. This book changed everything for me. From the comedy to the tragedy, this book could never be topped. I am very much looking forward to reading the return of the Turbo Toilet 2000!
on 11 April 2013
The whole series of captain underpants is just brilliant. Many a happy hour spent with all of the books. Don't hesitate to buy if you want to have good old fashioned fun with your child that's not too PC !! Your child will love you for these. Dav Pilkey is a genius.All his other books are just as good. Lots of laughs.