Format: Hardcover|Change

on 30 April 2003
MY 8 YEAR OLD SON THINKS CAPTAIN UNDERPANTS IS FANTASTIC. HE CAN'T WAIT FOR SOME NEW STORIES TO COME OUT.THE STORIES ARE ALL ABOUT THINGS LITTLE BOYS FIND EXTREMELY FUNNY,(POOPYPANTS, WEDGIES ETC)AND THE FACT THAT THE HEAD TEACHER MR.KRUPP IS THE CENTRAL CHARACTER IS SIMPLY HILARIOUS.ALL MY SONS FRIENDS HAVE A GREAT TIME CHANGING EVERYBODYS NAMES AROUND USING THE SYSTEM IN THE BOOKS.HE ALSO MAKES HIS OWN FLIPORAMA BOOKS LIKE THE BOYS IN THE BOOKS.REALLY CAPTURES THE IMAGINATION!
on 11 November 2015
My grandson, recently turned eight, tells me that the Captain Underpants books are great and are now his favourite, superseding Dirty Bertie, Tom Gates, Billy Bonkers, et al.
Only difficulty from my point of view is that, every time I buy him a new one, he grabs it and dashes through it in one or two sittings - costing me a fortune to keep him supplied with reading material.
on 27 January 2015
brilliant! especially the table of new names given by professor poopy pants. I can't imagine why the mirth when I was rechristened snotty hamster sniffer.. that's OK because my nine year old is buttercup toilet tushie.. he had to photocopy the pages and take them to school and rename his friends and enemies..
on 4 August 2016
I liked the fact you can still do fliporama even on an iPad. I also liked the fact the Prof' Poopy Pants changed everyones names and I was not sad about the changing of my name. I was very happy about it! - Issari Aged 7
on 13 June 2001
Captain Underpants And The Perilous Plot Of Professor Poopypants Is A Great Book, It Had A Lot Of Jokes And Really Was A Great Book. It Made Great Sense And The Words Chosen By Dav Pilkey Were Easier To Understand Than Words In Other Books. Any Child Would Love The Book. I Recomended This Book To All My Friends, And They All Want It Now!!! All In All I Would Give It 10 Out Of 10!
on 25 May 2014
Fantastic to get 7 year old boys reading! My little boy devours these books under his own steam so I alternate them with books of more substance!
Who can complain when an author inspires little ones to start reading properly?
on 17 September 2013
This is the last book in the series that we own but I'm going to finish off the rest with visits to the library as I'm finding them quite delightful. This is the first appearance of this particular villain but I came across him in book 10, which was the first book in this series I ever read, and that was a sequel to book 9. Sooo, we can see Professor Poopypants, at least as he's called in this book becomes a favourite Underpants' villain. He's the kind of villain you love to hate though because at first he seemed a nice guy wanting to feed the world and eliminate it's garbage problem both at the same time with his new inventions. However his unfortunate name makes him a laughing stock whom no-one will take seriously and this warps the professor's mind beyond repair and he decides to take over the world instead. This is another hilarious adventure with George, Harold and Captain Underpants. The craziest part that kids will have fun with is a chart that Poopypants uses to enforce upon everyone a new silly name. Closing my review now with my own new silly name! signing out: ... Zippy Banananose.
on 6 February 2014
My 6 yr old nephew adores this book. I did wonder if it was a little old for him but went with the reviews of others and bought it. My sister says he goes off to his room on his own and comes down giggling away to himself. As the good aunt that I am I will be purchasing more him. Very quick delivery, was sent to Seattle. No complaints
on 19 September 2014
My son loves all the Captain Underpants books and when he gets a new one he disappears into his room and pretty much doesn't come out until he's read it cover to cover. Personally toilet humour isn't my thing but then I'm not a 7yr old boy :-) .
on 29 October 2013
Did you know in new swissland everybody has a silly name and one off the most clever people in new swissland is proffeser pippy pea pea poopy pants.Meanwhile at jerome hortitwitz elementary school mr.Flyde is leaving so the proffeser gets the job but everybody laffs at his name .find out what happens when the proffeser tries to take over the world.