Customer reviews

Captain Scarlet And The Mysterons: 1 [DVD] [1967]
Format: DVD|Change

TOP 1000 REVIEWERon 9 December 2006
This first set of Captain Scarlet features 6 episodes. If like me you first watched these as a kid, probably in black and white, it is marvellous to see them now in remastered colour with 5.1 sound. The picture quality is really very good.

Although I have always preferred Thunderbirds, I have grown to love Captain Scarlet over the years. Its a darker series overall. To this day I still love the spooky opening credit sequence with the cat screeching, and Captain Scarlet in the alleyway being shot and then pulling his own gun.

Although there aren't that many extras there is a an interesting commentary from Gerry Anderson on the first episode. I've got vol 1,2 and 5 and intend to get the rest!
4 people found this helpful
on 31 March 2018
Excellent product, delivered on time and exactly as advertised. A perfect way to re-live a great memory of childhood if you were born in the 1960s
on 3 April 2014
I have enjoyed the the 1st episode, the only one I've seen so far, even better than when I watched them in the 90's. Though it will never be better than thunderbirds, joe 90 or secret service which are my favourite series (especially thunderbirds which was the 1st gerry Anderson I watched).
One person found this helpful
on 30 June 2017
A trip down memory lane for me. Good stories well laid out. Kids even in these days of hi tech enjoy CS.
on 17 January 2011
One of the superior productions by Anserson, set in the 21st Century, about a paramilitary world security force, thatin fighting a malevolent alien martian force that can't be seen. Ideal for kids, including the adult kids that grew up 1st time round on the programme.
One person found this helpful
on 31 December 2010
I always wanted to know how Captain Scarlett became indestructable....

Intersting that although a British product, members of the 'Spectrum' organisation follow the 'Shoot first, ask questions later' mentality. Don't look to deep for a plot.

Good fun for your inner 5 year old. That, and my son loves it too!
2 people found this helpful
on 24 April 2016
fab
on 26 January 2015
Brilliant to see this again, Memories of childhood eh.
on 17 January 2011
Originally for kids of ALL AGES (including adults), of a semi-secret international paramilitary force fighting against unseen but pervasive malevolent aliens from Mars.
on 26 January 2015
Brilliant thanks, nostalgia at it's best.