on 4 July 2014
These batteries fit the matching torch "Ultra-bright 1,200lm Zoom CREE T6 LED Torch Flashlight with Smart 5-mode LED" also made by Canwelum. These batteries are bigger than the standard AA battery and have a much, much higher capacity.

This pack came complete with four batteries, one charger body (dual pin plug) and a small mains adapter (3-pin plug) for use in the UK and compatible countries. During charging there is a red LED light that pulses every 5 seconds or so. After charging the LED turns green.

On arrival the batteries still seemed to have considerable residual charge which means they can be used in the torch straight away. One pair of batteries can be charged together and I left mine to charge overnight so I cannot tell how long the charging process took. In future I shall try to charge the batteries during the day so that, after charging, the charger can be removed from the wall socket and the batteries either put straight into the torch or stored in the case provided.

During charging the charger barely gets warm - which is great - because it means the charging unit is not trying to deliver more current than it has been designed to do. Once again it looks like the charger and batteries have been designed to work together.

Overall I am delighted with the performance of the batteries and the charger.

One further comment: the batteries and charger come in a case that is foam lined. The case has a magnetic catch to keep it closed. I've never seen before such a high quality case for this type of product. Top marks!
TOP 100 REVIEWERon 26 September 2015
I have a really excellent little LED torch which takes a single 18650 battery.
These are non-standard size and are around twice the size of the normal AA battery, but easily available on-line.
My torch battery is rechargeable, but only lasts two hours with continuous use of this particular torch.

I therefore needed a special charger for them, and I bought this one.
This is not necessarily the cheapest such charger on the market, but I read reviews of some other cheaper ones which turned out to be sub-standard.

It comes very well, and attractively boxed, with two rechargeable batteries included.
It also has good instructions, both on the inside of the box and in a manual.

There is an explanation that it will suit all 18650 Li batteries, but that the charge for the supplied batteries will be 2250 mAh .
The claim is that these will last longer at that than some others with higher mAh rating and I have no reason to doubt that claim.

It takes up to 10hrs to charge the batteries (which doesn't bother me), and can charge both batteries at the same time.

I have only tried the charger once since I received it, and I had no problems whatsoever with it.
On behalf of other customers though, I will undertake to come back to this review and amend it if I ever do find a problem.

If therefore, you do not see an addendum below, then you can be assured that I am still finding the charger good and well fit for its purpose.

Whether you buy or not, I hope that my review is helpful to you in some way when making your decision.
on 6 January 2016
I purchased two batteries to fit my CREE torch - which (when used with the sleeve) they do comfortably. They do weight the correct amount, 45 grams, and come in a nice box which protects them in foam - I am therefore led to believe the product s a genuine 18650 battery, unlike many available on Amazon. The protective cover is strong and the contacts seem good, providing a very bright beam on my torch for a good length of time. There are others available cheaper, but I would advise you to spend a little more and buy a good product.
Though I have not bought the charger personally, I have looked at the images provided on Amazon and would like to mention that the plug displayed does not conform to BS 1363 (as the Earth plug is partially insulated), making it dangerous to be supplied in the UK, and as such I would suggest another source for a charger. The batteries remain, however, a very good purchase.
TOP 500 REVIEWERon 7 February 2016
 I bought two packs of two for a project (no torches). Only issue I had was that protected 18650 batteries are 2-3mm longer than non-protected ones and my project was expecting the non-protected kind.

The capacity of these batteries (I have used 3 in my project, details in the video) is amazing; it runs for weeks on a single charge, so much better than any kind of rechargeable AA battery (but note these are considerably larger - see the comparison in my video review).

Now I'm leaning towards getting Canwelum's torch to go with this battery set... maybe later this year.

Do watch the short 3-minute video, it has some real world information that you may find useful!
on 18 January 2016
I ordered two batteries with a charger although the current product description only seems to be for batteries. The charger is very neat and robust with two LEDs that change from red to green to show when the batteries are charged. It has a standard UK 3 pin plug unlike some similar products which have a mini plug that is difficult to pull out of the socked because it is so small. It comes is a robust box that makes it suitable as a gift item. Overall I am very pleased with the product and would recommend it.
I did buy a similar product from another company called BestFire and that was very poor quality and literally exploded the first time I plugged it in. I was therefore relieved to find that this was a quality product.
on 26 May 2016
This is the first type of battery I have ever had. Never heard of it before. It is obviously much more powerful than similar AA batteries. They came in a very nice presentation box, possibly more than batteries deserve. Only downside is that you need a special charger which I wasn't aware of before hand; an ordinary AA, AAA or SP charger will not do. So customers, be aware.
on 8 July 2014
I bought this item to replace the 'red' poor quality 18650 batteries that came with my Cree torch. They were poor quality and I couldn't re-charge them with the charger they came with. I looked for other solutions which could have cost over £50. I saw these batteries and charger and decided they were reasonably priced to buy. They arrived yesterday in a boxed set and Canwelum after-sales service e-mailed me instructions on how to charge the batteries. It took approximately three and a half hours to fully charge the batteries. The charger light turns from red to green when the batteries are charged. My torch works again!
The charger seems to be good quality and did not get too warm during re-charging.
I may give five stars, if I re-review in the future, after I have used and had to re-charge the batteries a few times. My recommendation would be to give these a try, if you're disappointed with the performance of the 'red' batteries that are usually sold with Cree torches.
on 3 February 2016
Charged with a nitecore charger in about 3 hours. Using one of them with an excellent Thrunite torch and after several days of use, with liberal use of the turbo setting, the battery is holding charge well.
If this continues to be the case, these will be an exceptionally good purchase.
Update:
I have been using the torch and battery regularly now for 3 weeks without any problems. Charge holding well and torch still very bright.
on 30 April 2016
All round good quality, after a month of use I am very happy that this is excellent value. The batteries arrive with a little usable charge, but need a nearly full 5 1/2 hour charge to come up to full capacity, so they need this before use. These are slightly oversize batteries, as an internal control circuit add 3mm to the length over the non-regulated type. However, I did not find this a problem in the very cheap Chinese knock-off LED torches which I use for EDC, and in the car, as the spring-loaded base still compressed to take the battery. Actual usage is meaningless without complete spec of the torch and the type of use, but my ultra-cheap knock-off torches got 6 x 30min sessions of excellent to good light from these batteries before needing a recharge. One torch got very hot indeed in the first 30min test session, but this stopped in the later sessions, so it was purely due to the torch, not the battery. The charging unit does not get at all hot in use, barely warm, so full marks there.
on 8 August 2014
“Bought this product on the strength of previous comments and having learnt the hard way that you get what you pay for. Batteries arrived in lovely box with charger and adapter which are sturdy when used not just hanging from the socket. Charger didn't get hot. All the information about the product is sent to you by email before the package arrives. All round top marks for this company.”