VINE VOICEon 2 September 2012
After struggling on with my approximately 6 year old HP printer for a while I decided enough was enough - I had to invest in a new one. The only problem was deciding what one to buy. My first printer was an Epson and I had subsequently bought HPs. After lots of looking around I decided on this one - nice and compact, offering everything I needed and with features I hadn't even considered (printing from mobile and duplex printing specifically).
I was nervous about the setup as this was my first wifi printer but it was a doddle - my only problem was due to human error in that I forgot my network password! Printing is fast and excellent quality and it is nice that there is a display of how depleted your ink levels are becoming, making it easier to monitor when you'll need to order replacement cartridges.
All in all, I am delighted with this printer and heartily recommend it!
11 Comment| 53 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 21 February 2013
It's a Canon printer, it arrived in good time and the images print well. Everything works and it looks good, what else to say? I'm happy.
on 12 December 2012
I bought this on behalf of a computer illiterate.... and he's managed to use all three of it's functions without me having to show him the way !! Well done Canon !!
on 23 August 2012
I'm Now able to give this printer an independant review:

At first, due to using an old USB printer cable, that was handed from printer too printer, it wouldnt install, because the cable was too thin, A new printer cable, capabale of handling the increased data, made the final process of installation a walk in the park. This printer, with the right USB cable, will allow full connection, if like me you don't have Wi-Fi broadband.

The main plus point for me, is the front load tray, as I don't have the headroom on shelves in my little computer room to try and struggle getting photo papers into a top loading tray. So its quite compact, attractive finish, the draw trays, are a little less flimsy than some counterparts I have seen, all folds nicely away, with one hand, keeping the dust out.

Although not tried an SD transfer yet, Copying & scanning Documents, produced Nice sharp Copys, hardly noticable from the original. A DVD cover of 7 Inches By 5inches, on Mirror A4 Glossy photo paper 190gsm ( Mirror products are sold on Amazon) printed on Hi-quality setting at resolution of 200DPI, produced a smudge free print within 1 minuete. I compared the results with the same cover, printed at same resolution on my old HP printer, and saw about 20% improvement on Clarity, especially on Ilustration Logos and lines. The picture on the whole looked natural, not over soft or to sharp.

The Inks used on cannon seem better at resisting smudges, I still had black smudges on my hands using HP inks, even after days after it was printed. The pop up LED screen is useful ,for status of printing and errors, such as no paper, Its main use I suspect, is to preview images from a camera, SD card etc.

There are plenty of options on the main print paper setup window, before you start printing, if you have photoshop, or Photoshop elements, which I bought on Amazon, you can be quite creative, combining photo editing, along with the the printers other useful tools.

As an all in one Printer, I found the general quality of all printing, to be very satisfactory, Its not that noisy either. only Minor gripe, is that it takes a good 60-70 seconds to prepare your print, leading, sometimes,to pressing copy twice or thinking its stalled. Once you learn to wait a bit, it churns out black and white quite fast, Full A4 borderless printing I havent done yet, due to still having the basic cartridges that came with the printer. Customer Support, which I had to use, was spot on. The tech advisor spent a long time, helping me with the connection problem, and Cannon earns an extra Star for that. As many of the other features, including setting up Wi-Fi haven't yet been tested,I have given 4/5 on results so far acheived.

Would I recommend it? certainly on its user friendly interface, durabilty, build, and overall quality of prints:)
55 Comments| 56 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 15 February 2013
This was bought as a present my my 81 year old Aunty to replace another well known make. She rates this all in one printer very highly and finds it very easy to use and provides excellent results
on 14 August 2012
For setting up and ease of use this printer is brilliant - printing is very clear and photos come out particularly well and I really like the front paper trays. Would highly recommend.
on 5 August 2012
got this to replace faulty HP B110. this is a far superior machine, much quieter, better built, more user friendly, the results so far are very pleasing I would reccomend this printer.
1010 Comments| 24 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 12 July 2013
I love my printer, it was easy to install the quality of printing is very good. It is reasonably quiet to run and so far seem not to thirsty using ink. I would recommend this printer. I use it to print greeting cards from my paintings so it gets lots of use. I chose Canon because the make was recommended to me. It wasn't wildly expensive and it suits my needs very well.
on 24 January 2014
I have been getting progressively more fed up with the series of HP printers I have had which, without exception, were annoying to the extreme with error messages and other commands (I am a human being and I resent being told what to do by a machine!). In addition, all my HP printers (4!) went terminally wrong just after going out of guarantee. Previously, I had a Canon printer which I loved and gave to my wife so that I could buy a wifi enabled printer. I went back to Canon and was so pleased I did. This printer is a breeze to set up and use. The print speed is excellent for a budget printer and it has excellent print quality. I have recommended Canon printers to friends who are all similarly impressed. If I lived in a world where HP only made printers, I would give up using my computer. Thank you Canon!!
on 4 September 2013
The instructions that came with it didn't explain anything at all. The printer worked intermittently until I went out and bought a cable to connect it to my mac. Kind of defeats the point of buying a wireless printer really!