on 2 July 2012
I ordered this printer ink thinking that there was no way you could go wrong with something as standardized as printer ink. The package arrived on time. I installed the ink in the printer and everything seemed to be working fine. I had good quality print outs. I am the only person who uses the printer and it is simply for home use, so I did not use it a lot. Within two weeks, the ink was completely finished. I don't even think I printed 20 sheets of A4! I have had this printer for roughly 18 months and prior to this time, I changed the ink every six months!

Of course, I contacted the company before writing this review, hoping that they would be gracious enough to resolve the matter. Initially, they seemed prepared to listen and asked all the right questions to help me to resolve the problem. They even gave me advice about taking the ink out, turning off the printer and re inserting it. I followed all of their instructions. The ink was still empty. Finally, they sent the following message to me:

There seems to be a problem with your printer or you have used them.

Modern cartridges do not print lots.

Can you weigh each cartridge in grams and send me weight.

I will tell you if they are in fact empty.

I responded with the following:

Hi,

That's not possible as I don't have the kind of equipment required to weigh them. I don't think there is a problem with the printer as it is relatively new and have not had a problem before now. Regarding my use of the ink, I can assure you, there is no way I have used it enough to warrant it being empty. I have been using Canon printers for years and even my old ink jet never used ink at this rate.

=========================================================================================================

Then I got no response. So I sent the following email:

Hello,

Are you going to resolve this situation or not? It has been a week or so since our last communication.

No response. It looks like I am going to have to do what I should have done in the first place- which is go to a REPUTABLE store and buy MORE ink.

This was a complete waste of £30. Clearly, this so called surplus stock was faulty or old. I will not order anything from them EVER again and will be filing a dispute with Amazon.
on 20 December 2011
Cartridges arrived very promptly. They were the correct ones but I did order a 2pk item. I rec'd instead 2 separate cartridges but thats OK. Good price good service. Thanks!