- Hardcover: 710 pages
- Publisher: Kazi Publications (Dec. 1999)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1871031672
- ISBN-13: 978-1871031676
- Product Dimensions: 16 x 4.8 x 23.6 cm
- Average Customer Review: 5.0 out of 5 stars See all reviews (2 customer reviews)
- Amazon Bestsellers Rank: 450,669 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
Canon of Medicine Hardcover – 1 Dec 1999
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
Frequently bought together
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
If you are a seller for this product, would you like to suggest updates through seller support?
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Top Customer Reviews
Most Helpful Customer Reviews on Amazon.com (beta) (May include reviews from Early Reviewer Rewards Program)
That being said, the remarks of O. Cameron Gruner are wonderfully astute as to the history and meaning behind Avincenna's Canon. He compares traditional medicines with modern medicine and its lack of philosophy with a deftness only found in yoga sutras.
In addition, the Notes section of about 150 pages adds considerable understanding to the text of Avicenna. Notes helps the reader to experience the historical context of the Canon as well as its importance in modern medicine and philosophy.
I bought this book in order to understand alternative medicines regarding my own health and well being. I received that and much more.