- Also check our best rated Camera reviews
Other Sellers on Amazon
+ FREE UK delivery
2 year Accidental Damage & Breakdown CoverLondon General Insurance Company Limited
- Accidental damage cover including mechanical and electrical breakdown.
- E-mail delivery of policy documents within 24 hours.
- If your product cannot be repaired, you choose between a replacement or an Amazon Gift Card to the value of a replacement.
- Cancel at any time; full refund within 45 days, proportional thereafter. Transferable if you sell or gift your product.
- Amazon Protect does not cover products purchased for business/commercial use and only covers products purchased on the same day from Amazon.co.uk. Please read the Policy Summary and Terms and Conditions located on the insurance product page before buying.
Canon EF 28 mm f/2.8 IS USM Lens
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- 28mm wide-angle lens (45mm equivalent on APS-C sized sensors).
- Fast f/2.8 maximum aperture.
- Up to four-stop Image Stabilizer.
- Ultrasonic autofocus mechanism.
- Circular aperture for soft background blur.
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
What do customers buy after viewing this item?
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you've entered a valid question. You can edit your question or post anyway.
Compare with similar items
Canon EF-S 24 mm f/2.8 STM Lens
Canon EF 50 mm 1.8 STM Lens
Canon EF 24 mm f/2.8 IS USM Lens
Canon EF 28mm f/1.8 USM Lens - Filter Size - 58mm
Canon EF 35 mm f/2 IS USM Lens
|Shipping||FREE Shipping||£4.95||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping|
|Sold By||Amazon.co.uk||OMG Sales||Skyscraper Drones||Amazon.co.uk||The Tech Savvy||Amazon.co.uk|
|Item Dimensions||12.1 x 1.18 x 12.1 cm||2.28 x 6.82 x 2.28 cm||3.93 x 6.92 x 3.93 cm||6.84 x 5.57 x 6.84 cm||7.36 x 5.52 x 7.36 cm||1 x 1 x 1 cm|
|Item Weight||260 grams||125 grams||127 grams||280 grams||310 grams||335 grams|
|Max Focal Length||28 mm||24 mm||49 mm||24 mm||28 mm||35 mm|
|Min Focal Length||28 mm||24 mm||50 mm||24 mm||28 mm||35 mm|
|Mounting Type||Canon EF / EF-S||Canon EF / EF-S||Canon EF / EF-S||Canon EF / EF-S||Canon EF||Canon EF / EF-S|
Would you like to tell us about a lower price?
Portable and affordable, the EF 28mm f/2.8 IS USM is an ideal all-purpose wide-angle lens for full frame cameras, and a high-quality, compact standard lens on DSLRs with APS-C sized sensors.
High-quality wide-angle lens: A 28mm wide-angle prime lens offering an 75° angle of view on full-frame DSLRs. On EOS cameras with APS-C sized sensors it makes a great standard lens, offering the equivalent view to a 45mm lens on a full-frame camera.
Shoot in low-light conditions: A maximum aperture of f/2.8 permits hand-held photography in available light without the use of flash. Image stabilisation allows shutter speeds up to four stops slower than normal to be used without the risk of camera shake.
Fast, quiet autofocus: Canons ultrasonic autofocus motor (USM) provides fast, near-silent focusing. Full-time manual-focus override permits fine adjustment without changing focus modes.
Close focusing: Get as near to your subject as 0.23m, and enjoy a dramatic wide-angle perspective.
Space- saving design: Weighing just 260g and measuring 68.4mm x 51.5mm in size, the EF 28mm f/2.8 IS USM is a lens you can take everywhere. Great for travel, landscape and documentary photography.
Designed for great image quality: A seven-bladed circular aperture provides beautiful bokeh, while Super Spectra coatings reduce flare. The EF 28mm f/2.8 IS USM classic prime-lens design minimises distortion and aberrations, which can degrade image quality.
Area of use: Perfect for landscape and travel photography and reportage applications, when a wide-angle field of view enables dramatic close-up shooting.
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
The problem is the Canon 35mm f/2 IS. The image quality is as good, the image stabilisation is as good, but you get the benefit of the f/2 wider aperture. Given both lenses are almost the same price, it's difficult to recommend the 28mm over the 35mm, unless you really do need 28mm and for some reason 35mm is unsuitable for your needs.
Update after using this lens for over a year. Still enjoying the lens. IS is fabulous for low light.(stationary objects). The only problem is not with the lens but if you are doing a lot of travel photography you may find that this lens is not wide enough especially if you have to use software to correct converging verticals.