on 22 May 2008
I had this book pre-ordered for a while until it was released this month (May). It was worth waiting for, I purchased my Canon EOS 400D five months ago and I am still getting to know the controls....even after reading the instructions (this is my first SLR camera).

This book is ideal, everything is explained in the typical "For Dummies" way, every aspect is considered and the detail of each section is easy to understand....after all, it is for dummies!
There are other EOS 400D books on the market, as far as I am concerned, if you need to buy a book to learn how to use your camera, then you obviously don't know how to use your expensive gadget to its full potential (me included), this book will teach you how and my guess is; its better than the rest.
on 13 April 2011
Super impressed with the very quick delivery.
As for the book - it's very very easy to understand, if like me you are a DSLR "dummy".

It's nice to see it all in pictures as well as words. I find I learn better if I can "see" what I'm supposed to do, as well as just read about it.

All in all - very impressed.
on 13 June 2008
As many people do, I spent a lot of time researching which DSLR to go for. Having chosen the Canon 400D, I wanted to ensure I made the most of it.

Which is why, right now, I have the book but not the camera!!!

This was intentional - I wanted to give myself an overview of the camera before I had it. I am one of those 'woohoo let's jump in' people when it comes to electronics, and from past experience, I know not to approach something without a good base knowledge (for me anyway).

I get the camera tomorrow and have spent the last 2 hours reading the book. Though I have not finished it, I already have a feel for what's to come, and more over - learnt lots of hints and tips.

Of course I will have to re-visit some of the sections with camera in hand, but already I know this book was the best buy to go with it. I've never owned any form of SLR camera, so simple things like how to change a lens have already been clearly set out in my head.

For anyone who is 'toally blind' regarding DSLRs who wishes to purchase the Canon 400D - I'd recommend this book.
on 19 June 2014
A great book, I am just starting out with this Canon 400D,and I found this book very good, everything is very clear and simple. I would recommend this book
on 31 December 2013
I bought this for my husband who had just got a new camera he said "it is very helpful to anyone starting out in dsslr photography".
on 28 January 2010
I tought this was a great book very interesting everything explained in great detail
It exactly what I'd been looking for.
Personally I was getting sick of shooting in full auto and the most basic dSLR courses are 100 just to tell you what this book does
on 15 February 2017
Well impressed with the very quick delivery.
The book is Good tells everything I need to know about my camera .
on 14 January 2014
Exactly what we needed for the camera, the exact model. With out the book would have been stuck. Great buy
on 15 December 2009
If you bought recently your first DSLR and you not too familiar with it, it worth getting this book. It really helped me in some ways, however I knew already a nearly half of book-so it was a little bit boring to read the first half. But even in the first half there was few things that I didn't know. The book is very easy to use, even if English is your second language. So it designed for real dummies and explains everything step by step. But you should have your camera handy to practise straight away or this info won't stick in your mind. I am glad with this purchase and I am looking for Photoshop for dummies now. And I think this series of books really helpful if you want to learn something by yourself! And price is quite affordable. I am happy that I bought it.
on 21 August 2009
Firly new to digital photography, and bought a canon eos400d. This book is absolutey superb!