on 9 October 2017
I am really getting very disappointed with the way the price of the 551XL colour cartridges are getting closer, and closer to the price of the standard cartridges. You get 11 ml of ink in the XL, as opposed to 7 ml in the standard. The price difference is now only in real terms just 5p to 10p difference in cost. Within a very small time frame the reason for purchasing one against the other is eroding. If this keeps up at this level there will be no real reason to keep the smaller cartridge going at all. I feel that the XL cartridge needs to come down in price to make them worth the purchase. Higher capacity should mean much better value, but right now this really is not the case.
7 people found this helpful
VINE VOICEon 1 April 2015
I bought the Canon PG550/CL551XL High Capacity Cartridge - Multicolour set for my rather excellent Canon MP7150, but the pack was missing one ink. This printer also uses a grey ink.

So I had to place another order for this one. Why Canon do not sell packs with all six cartridges in as well as the five, it would make things far easier.

Anyway, this is the "XL" cartridge which is somewhat better value and shouldn't run out so quickly. Having been stung in the past with 3rd party inks, I now keep to official branded carts.
7 people found this helpful
|11 Comment|Report abuse
on 3 May 2017
I use genuine Canon inks because I had trouble with my last printer (also a Canon) after using "compatible" ink cartridges. My current printer is a Canon 8750 and the high capacity cartridges last a decent length of time and the results are stunning. After all, why pay well in excess of £1000 for a camera and lenses only to skimp on ink?
3 people found this helpful
|11 Comment|Report abuse
on 12 December 2016
Product good as always, it's genuine Canon ink so no problem with the ink at all. The individual purchase price was competitive & fair, the delivery charge for 1 cartridge (£2) was reasonable also I guess but order multiple cartridges and the delivery charge, strangely, remains at £2 per cartridge!? I ordered 6 cartridges which incurred a £12 delivery charge, I queried this with InkData who pointedly informed me that because I ordered various different items they are picked and dispatched from various locations depending on what is in stock, this is our standard procedure, they said. They would not budge, buyer beware!
on 26 June 2016
need quality ink when printing photos on the canon pixma ip8750 and the XL inks are just perfect for the job, I never buy compatible inks because they clog up the jets of your printer. Always buy the original if you can afford them and you will get perfect results every time.
3 people found this helpful
on 13 February 2016
Canon inks are expensive & you hear so many horror stories from people who've used compatibles, so I shop around for best price, which varies significantly every time I need to order a cartridge, which seems to be every 6 weeks or so. Arrived promptly & working well, so pleased, but feel Canon are overcharging (my other printer is HP & ink is nowhere near Canon's prices).
2 people found this helpful
on 6 February 2017
I bought this for my Canon MG7550 printer - and it is great. Call me gullible but when it comes to printer inks, I think the actual branded product is so much better than others. Besides, there is software that checks if you have a branded product, and if you do, lets you have access to certain printing features that other users have no access to. Putting that to one side, I am delighted with my Canon MG7550 and this ink. Highly recommended.
on 29 March 2015
Unlike many other printer manufacturers, genuine Canon ink has tended to be priced at a sensible point, thus obviating the need to purchase third party consumables that may only be marginally cheaper.

There are cheaper cartridges out there, both genuine and third-party, but they're often not the 'XL' version, which offers a considerably longer duty cycle.
2 people found this helpful
on 9 December 2016
The cartridges arrived promptly.

I am not sure how the "I love it" 5 star rating applies to an ink cartridge - somebody needs to get out more !

However I like the service provided by this sellar and have used them since this order. and will use them again.
One person found this helpful
on 15 January 2018
It's ink what more is there to say ??

Apart from it's way overpriced, but that's not unique to Canon.

5 stars when manufacturers start charging a reasonable amount for an egg cup of ink.